pilot and crews figures by Reedoak

norbert

15 hours ago, cib2265 said:

Any seated pilots for Intruders?

3 hours ago, norbert said:

Have to find a cockpit for adjustments and they will be possible

To tell you the truth, these pilots overall are so good I would think that any sitting pilots made would probably sell fairly well I would think. There seems to be a lot of gaps in the 1/32nd seated pilot market.

11 hours ago, Suresh Nathan said:

LOL Kev.....this world has bypassed the old school sculptors! I beat that drum at our local club and people look at me strange.

The old school sculptors have nothing to worry about. 

I've been fooling around this and it's not that straight forward. 

Photogrammetry is the preferred scanning method, at this time, which requires roughly 90 cameras.

There are ways to get the 90 photos of your subject without buying 90 cameras.

The photos then need to be processed into a cg model called a mesh.

That mesh need to be cleaned up using another computer program which requires some practiced skills.

The final mesh or model now needs to be 3D printed.

Some artists are sculpting figures digitally on a computer without any scanning but that's not what these figures are.

The other thing to realize is that you can't mix scanned figures with sculpted ones because they look so different.

On the other hand, old school sculptors just need epoxy or clay, wire and magnification.

I think it's more than that. Models and figures were sculpted by human hands. Even the high quality ones like those from Zoukei Mura have a hybrid process of sculpt and digital scan with post process digital detailing. They take on a very organic feel. Contrast the stuff from Trumpeter or Hobby boss which feels like it's taken out of a 2D line drawing. It's a bit like Model Maker Starwars vs CGI Starwars, isn't it? 

It's why I only ever build the old stuff and the occasional ZM. I take pride in those..... The Trumpeters and Hobby bosses I build in a week and take them to a modeling talk and I'm not too concerned if they break in the process. 

Sorry to derail the discussion. These figures are nevertheless stunning and I'd love to paint one! 

PS> I sculpted the figure of Joe Foss for largescaleplanes.com in 2003. Took me 6 months. 

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=48

Edited by Suresh Nathan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Here are some of the last new figures :

A bit out of topic, some were recently converted to 1/72scale, like the intruder pilots, lady 2, usaaf 3 et the vintage seaking pilot
18100812170123927215931371.jpg

We made also new civilians : 
civilian photographer 3 and lady 3 with glasses
18100812170223927215931373.jpg

18100812170223927215931372.jpg

Now back to the work for Hyères 2018 model show

Cheers
Norbert

Edited by norbert