OEFFAG Albatros DIII, Austrian LFT, 1917

blackbetty

Hm....Looks like a tough build, I am a little intimidated, for sure...These biplanes scare me! All that rigging.......jeesh.

Anyway, nice work so far.....I like it!

THOR, scared of rigging......

Hey Thor,

You should try Rodens Fokker F.1 or Dr.I triplane kits. Very little in the way of rigging,and absulutely beautiful too.If you're interested in one of these check with Mike Taylor. He's a member here and the guy who does the Co-OP sales.Great guy to deal with and excellent service.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

thanx for all of the support guys, i really appreciate it

and matt... i should have kept my big mouth shut. you were right about the gearwing. after some further investigation it turned out the austrian albatrosses DID have it, contrary to their german counterparts (well most of them did as far as i can tell) but i more and more tend to the version in post #3, so i will have to scratch one, this plane definitely had it.

feels a little strange too, dave. the build seems to generate a lot less interrest than the jet or the 88 builds :shrug:

anyway, i was at koloman mayrhofers shop in vienna this week :beer4:

he was very nice and VERY helpful. talk about information overload. in the picture you can see the workshop (the finished planes are in salzburg)

you can see two german DIIs and a DIII for customers in germany in the pics. thats right, if you got enough change (one of the things takes 5500 man hours) and a spare engine, you can get the ultimate 1:1 scale model :D

one of the 253s will fly this summer, with an original austro daimler engine, and you can bet i will be there!

post-2020-1264748806.jpg

for finishing the cockpit i neede the instrument decals next, so i played around a little bit with photoshop and illustrator

i made the decision to do 153.52, the plane with all the brown dots over the red basecolour, hence this version of the scull

post-2020-1264749062.jpg

feels a little strange too, dave. the build seems to generate a lot less interrest than the jet or the 88 builds :shrug:

Karl,

You can be sure that at least I am watching this one with even more interest than your previous (great) builds ! This is more in my era of predilection...

Carry on mate, you're being watched with awe ! :beer4: :punk: :D :clap2:

Hubert.