OEFFAG Albatros DIII, Austrian LFT, 1917

blackbetty

the instrument panels were cut out of .5mm sheet and glued to the front spar and between the side spars

little discs simulate the instruments

i made a scan of the panels before glueing them on the make the instrument decals the right size

post-2020-1264158999.jpg

the column sits on a little spar itself using metal legs

the roden instructions call for mounting this together when you join lower wing and fuselage, i dont think that would work out

so i joined the parts now after adding some wire for the rudderpedals

post-2020-1264159518.jpg

You're not done with this yet!!!! :innocent: Heh heh, just kidding and giving ya some crust there Karl! Man, you're on a roll, eh? Nice additions and mods to the cockpit dude. I'm taking lots of notes on this one, just in case I ever build another WWI project. Been waiting for Wingnuts to release their Fokker D-VII and D-V Albatros.

I never knew the Austrian Albatros was so much different! :shrug: Looking forward to the next set of update pics buddy. :party0023:

well, matt, that could be, only that the albatros didnt have a wing between the wheels like the fokker dr. 1

i think he means the tailplane, but the guy that built the albatros replica says that that is not true, its made of spars covered with fabric too...

ey russ! that thing is wrestling me pretty good. some of the assembliey in the pics are the the second or third try.....

but it makes me want to do a later 253 with the rounded nose sometime.

Heh heh! :wow: Yeah, the 110 is kicking my tail-feathers pretty good right now too. :wow: Maybe if it was red and had a cool skull on the side I could get into it a lot more? :P :lol:

This Albatros is looking too gnarly dude, you'll get it looking just the way you want no problem. It sure will make a fantastic addition to your collection of jets! Can't wait to see the next updates buddy! :thumbsup: