LF: Printed Photo Etch Instrument Panel and Console Tip

Hey Gents,

I've been searching for a particular WIP on this and can't find it for the life of me.

The original poster of the build in question had coated his Eduard instrument panel and consoles with "something", and it really improved the look and effect of the etch pieces, by removing the rough/textured effect of the printed photo etch.

I think it was clear flat that was used over top, but I can't remember. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or remember which WIP thread it was?

Thanks for the help.

I remember that thread...................it was an Eduard IP that was coated in a flat coat of some kind. Not sure I can remember it, but will see if I can dig it up. I know it was a matte/flat coat he sprayed on the IP, but Im not sure what type/brand it was. 

When I built a Italeri F-104 I used the Eduard stuff on the instrument panel and consoles. I sprayed them with Tamiya flat then did the lenses with drops of Future. I was ok with results. I didn't use the little ( microscopic ) knobs that came with the set because...

Don

Build thread

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=67488