Proposal for a Night Fighters Group Build.

BradG

I'm seriously thinking of Wihelm Frankl's D-III for this if I can find any info on his aircraft. I've done a couple of preliminary google searches with no luck. From what I have found he had one night victory April 6, 1917. An FE 2b  shot down at 2:30 a.m... still researching this. If anyone has info it would be a great help.

• 2 weeks later...

With the best will in the world, a Mossie bomber, even in night paint, is not a night fighter! :)  A night-fighting Hurricane though would be fantastic!

Where to find a Paragon Designs fighter conversion kit for the Mossie? 

Where to find a Paragon Designs fighter conversion kit for the Mossie? 

What's your base model Gerhard, Revell's Mk IV bomber?

Edited by mozart

Mosquito of 515 squadron operating in the bomber support role. It'll be either a straightforward Mk VI with nose cannon or, if I can get the details a thimble-nose ASH Mk VI, the nose I think I'll have to scratch build because I haven't found any conversions in 1/32.

Well, I didn´t have to buy a new Black Widow! 

I accidentally(!) found a Trumpeter F6F-5(N) Hellcat Nightfighter when rummaging trough my stash the other night!     :thumbsup:

Didn´t remember I had it, can´t even for my life remember when or where I bought it!   :shrug:

Must be getting old.....  :tumble:

But I´m good to go for the Nightfighter GB!    :punk:

Cheers!   :beer:

Edited by Phantom2

There's  only one nightfighter I want.That's the B-P Defiant.

Still no kit.(not counting the resin one).Hoping for Airfix to come with a 1/24 th one.

But a 32 nd will do too.

Edited by Erwin

Yes

What's your base model Gerhard, Revell's Mk IV bomber?

Yes. I think I am going to scratch this idea though, and do a Mk Vb Spit in Nighfighter guise, 1/24. I just need to find a source for RAF lettering in 1/24 scale. That seems even more difficult than a nose cone replacement for the Mossie. 

Edited by Gerhard

Thank mozart. I built it in 1/48 scale already, just fancy a 1/24 one as well. I can get the Airfix 1/24 Mk Vb for about $60 all in. Really appreciate your offer, will shout out if I dont come right. Zane from Mavdecals said he would be able to help me out if I can send him the size of the letters. Can only do that when I have the kit in my lap. That's about a week away. They like Hens teeth over here for some reason. Only one HS has it in stock.