Trumpeter Liberators on facebook

Guest Maxim

Love it!  Im just hoping its as close to accurate as the HKM 17 is.   I know there are issues with it, but from my point of view, its accurate enough for me and Im hoping the B-24 gets at least to that point. 

For whatever reason I have ZERO inclination to buy a 1/32nd B-17.  A 1/32nd Lib though?   Yes please!  

Yes but,  the twit who was complaining that the 1/32 would be too big for his space was not referring to the manufacturer's ability to make money with the kit, he was complaining that he wants it in a smaller scale for his own convenience. His conversation had no reference to the money making ability of another 1/48 B-24

If he was a model builder I could see his need but the 1/48  kit exists and has existed for a long time. He just has no ability to alter, or change, or kitbash what he wants starting with the old 1/48 kit.  

There are really relatively few aircraft available in 1/32 compared to 1/48. Nevertheless selfish twit wants nothing but 1/48 kits which are small enough to fit into his small mind.

Screw the twit. :fight:

:punk:

Did you forget your medication today Stephen ?

Noooo.gif

Despite those previously saying no-one would ever make a B-24 kit because of all the sub variants and field mods making it almost impossible to get right ... It appears someone has come to the party.

It's big (+1 point) ... its a Hobby Boss kit - so it should have a lot of detail (+1 point) and be engineered to fit well (+1 point) ... another 4 engined heavy (+1 point) ... Awesome ... It has turrets (+1 point) - and I LOVE turrets (bonus 5 points).

At this point I don't care if it's supremely accurate ... or has a couple of major issues ... if it scores 0/10, it'll still be a 10 in my estimation because of the above!

And we KNOW there'll be plenty of AM upgrade/conversion/correction gear to hit the market ... the B-24 was (and is) a popular bird!

... and TURRETS!! ... did I mention turrets?!?! ... A ball turret would be lovely but I'll be more than satisfied with front-top-rear.

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Guest Clunkmeister

Exactly Rog. I just want a decent center section and wing. Then the AM can give us noses, tails, turrets, stand up cowls, single tails, double tails, wash, spin, rinse, whatever.

The sky's the limit for the AM with a decent B-24 kit on the market. Hello PB4Y and PB4Y-2

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Clunkmeister

Ha yeah a Privateer in 1/32 almost seems not impossible...

The only thing the same would be the center section, wing, and parts of the forward fuselage.

New nose, tail, and engines.

But doable.

Truly one of the greatest Naval patrol bombers ever built

Edited by Clunkmeister

Guest Clunkmeister

After seeing the best aircraft overall PB4Y at the IPMS Nationals last year, and seeing the only flying 1:1 (that I know of) Id buy a 1/32nd Privateer conversion for the HB kit in a NY minute.

Brian, PB4Y is the standard Liberator, we saw the PB4Y-2 Privateer at the Nats.

Edited by Clunkmeister

I can't wait to see these land on my workbench. It is by far my favorite WWII heavy and as soon as HK announced the B-17 I knew it only a matter of time before we would get a B-24 in 1/32 and so I diligently collected reference books in anticipation of that day. I also have fond memories of building the 1/48 monogram kit as a kid, painted in silver with skull and bones on the tais and carpet bombed my brothers' rooms on so many daring missions...

With the HK Lanc coming this will be one expensive year!