F-4J Marines - VMF333 1972

Zero77

Thank you very much !

EXCELLENT! How did you achieve the weathered look? 

Salt weathering (inspired by Chuck540), with very thinned neutral grey sprayed randomly on the model through a kind of semi-melted salt filter. I can give you more informations if you wish.

I will shot new pictures this weekend, with daylight, because i find these ones a bit blurry (shot in the night, with only domestic light).

Edited by Zero77

Im not much in to jets, more in to WW2 Birds.

BUT... There is two jet that i want in my collection and thats a Phantom...and a Bell X-1

And i saw you got both,

Great weathered, details, amazing job... :m0152:  just lovit...

Ill build one F4 for shure ;) and that will be my 1st after seeing yours :D...

/Mal

Just beautiful! What were the colors that you used on the inside of the burner cans? They look perfect!

Chuck

Ouch, i dont remember ! I finished this built only a few weeks ago, but i started it 2 years ago, and the exhausts were one of the first parts i've done.

I think i first primed them with alclad grey primer (as usual), then certainly used some tamiya Buff or deck tan, or both, or a mix, i dont know anymore. The green area is certainly a mix, maybe with clear green. Usually i take my books for reference (DACO in this case) or internet picture, and try to find the closest color or mix.