Rust decals

LSP_K2

While scrolling through some long forgotten archived digital photos, I stumbled upon these. A friend had approached me a while back with a new line of weathering decals he was creating, and asked that I use some on a 1:72 Revell Gato that he had, as an illustration of their capabilities. I obliged, and this is what I ended up with. (When the time comes, I'll be using some on my own Gato, that's a certainty.) A lot of what you see here is decals, though there is also some hand applied rust effects as well.

Combo_zps78c3604d.jpg

Combo1_zps9c242d17.jpg

Combo2_zpsbda48d1a.jpg

All the sheets are the same size (5-1/2 x 8-1/2), and reasonably priced too. Designed primarily for model railroaders (box cars, locomotives, etc.), rust is rust, and if you select sizes carefully, you can create whatever effect you like, as they are so thin, they can be laid one atop the other, with no ill effect.

When my friend approached me, I was very enthusiastic, and believed they'd sell really well, which they are apparently doing, from what I hear.

I have a Gato that is just crying out for this treatment, and it has been my intention to drag it out this winter and resume work on it.

Linky

They look good, just remember that the anti fowling paint below the water line doesn't tend to show rust breaking through it. It does fade and turn white/light grey and if red anti fowling it will turn pink.

Wow...who'da thunk it ! Clever idea. For me personally though, painting and weathering is a big part of my enjoyment allowing me to use my skills and creativity to acheive the desired effects.

Joe66