My first build for 30 years...

BarryWilliams

I thought I would post a couple of pics. Excuses in early - this is one of a few kits that I am using to practise new methods and materials and to get my skills up to scratch before I do some 1:32 kits so it is very much a 'test piece'. Luftwaffe experts will see the deliberate error no doubt! Working on a 1:48 Tamiya Spit MkVb Trop now with two more 1:48 kits to do before I get serious!!

IMG00214-20110928-1333.jpg

IMG00216-20110928-1334.jpg

Barry

Nice work to be honest. You've finished it which is good for starters! The airbrushing looks pretty tidy, well assembled and overall a nice build. Weathering maybe a touch too much for my taste but you have subjected yourself to pretty close-up scrutiny in those photos and I'm sure the effect is subtler from a bit further away.

Look forward to your foray into 1/32nd - what are you planning to open with?

Matt

PS - Welcome to LSP.

Barry, :post1: I look forward to seeing you move up to 1/32 and getting into the fun here!

Nice Job for a comback to the hobby man! It's just like riding a bike...Err no its not! It's about 50 times more expensive.. LOL But fun none the less.

Paul

Thanks everyone for your comments.

The weathering is a bit too much, I agree, must have got carried away, but then I thought that in the harsh desert conditions it might be appropriate. The Spit I am doing will be a bit lighter on the weathering.

When I get to a 1:32 build the first will probably be the Hasegawa P40 Tomahawk. But I have a fair old stash of 1:32 kits that I have bought in, including the Tamiya Zero, Spit and Mustang, Revell JU88, Eduard Bf109 and Dragon Bf110. So I might change my mind!!!

Making good progress with my first 1:48 Spit and will post pics when done, probably after next weekend. I will then get the other two 1:48's out of the way...

• 1 month later...