Cyber Hobby Me 110 G-4

Cheetah11

Hi Everyone

Madmax

Thanks for the compliment Madmax but I cannot lie, it was not I. I used the Montex mask set. To be perfectly honest, the Sillouette is a great tool but not quite as sharp as the commercial cutter Montex must be using.

Tom

Thanks for the interest. I think it is possible for the second A to be Green or Blue. Blue maybe a little unlikely as it was not the Stab color. Owl's 1/48 decals by the way have it in Blue.  Some references state that surviving night fighter crews recall grays were more common as color was not needed at night. I tried to compare the tone of the codes to the black in the swastika, but different variants of the same photo show a great variance.

The two photos I could find shows the two A's on the left side as equal in tone , but on the right side the front A appears slightly lighter.  It could be different, but as with many aspects of this build I had to make the call on the most probable. I used a color as close as I could mix it to the gray codes on the Cutting Edge 1/48 sheet.

Max

Thanks for checking in again. I immediately measured the position of the cross after seeing your post. Fortunately it it is correct. A bit of luck!  I used the relative size  of the cross to get the position of the codes which is visible on the left hand side.

Thanks again for the compliments and interest.

Nick

Hi max

Yours could be like Greiner's codes Nick?

OJoZbk.jpg

I don't think from looking at the following photo that the colors of the two A's were different. This is the best photo available and the markings appear to be the same color, but lighter than the black in the swastika. Most of the codes that I have seen  on photos have a black letter if combined with another color , so I don't think a green or blue was used. Also have a look at the color of the spinner in your illustration . I do not think it is white. The photo I took of the model in an earlier post shows the spinners much lighter due to the darker wings giving the impression they are white, but they are in RLM 76. Anything is possible but looking at the photo I interpret the codes as gray.

G9_AA.jpg

Happy modeling

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11

Hi everyone 

Thanks for the encouragement Shawn

The bottom is now basically finished. I will add the aileron mass balances later (old lesson). The radio altimeter aerials were made from plastic card and 0.3 mm music wire. I just hope they are not knocked off during the completion.

The steps were painted red. I have seen models with this part striped in white and red but the only photo I could find shows one color.

The bottom crosses on the Montex sheet is 28 mm wide. I chanced it to the more common 32 mm on the Me 110.

I also repainted the codes in RLM 74 as 75 appears a little light.

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

Enjoy

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11

Thanks for asking Nick, after a month of no modelling due to 3 weeks Jury service and then a week's holiday in Tuscany (mainly to watch the Italian GP which was just amazing!!) I've had no chance to work on it as I just felt I needed full concentration where I am at with it at the moment I thought it best to not touch it rather than grab an hour here or there and mess it up! I managed to get some bench time this weekend but just finishing a little side project as well as some initial work on my entry to the new group build this week and then back to it next week as I want to get it to the finish line now.

Regards. Andy