Mals Way...Bf109E1 and Bf109E4....

Mal_Belford

Nice weathered E-1

Bf-109E1B-force-landed-and-on-its-nose-0

;)

Cheers,

D.B.

I want to see you build this plane in the picture, just like it's shown. If anyone could do that justice, you can.

I'm actually tinkering with the old Hase E-4 right now myself, as a break from other projects. More work than I expected though....that kit kinda sucks.

Tim

Edited by BiggTim

Hello Mal, nice to see you back with German subject. There are few shortcomings to be aware of . Slats , radiators, wheels, struts to name the most glaring ones. If you want I will shut up, or I can send you PM with a little tweak list. :)

Cheers

Martin

bf-109e-relaxing.jpg?w=690&h=452

Please send me a list....would love to...

As i will correct some of the errors as i know of....and those i got/find good reference pictures of.

Oxytube to tall.

The slats...as the edge needs to be 1-2m closer to the wings edge...(hope i explained it right)

And reinforcement on the wingroot.

If i recall it right....

Edited by Mal_Belford

Hi Mal,

Your inbox is full, so no PM's for you. I am going to write a quick very subjective overview right here. :)

I see that you are basically aware of the flaws on Ed's kit, The mail in my opinion is the hight of the undercarriage legs. I cut them down and got the Brassin wheels, because the wheels in the kit are for exchange undersize. The rest of the stuff is minor. The intakes are little misshapen with sharp edges, especially the main radiator cowling need some TLC. I will elaborate on it later. Slats at the leading edge are easy to fix . I was playing with the shape of the tail a little as well, but that's overkill.
In terms of the drawing, I am way over it , instead I am using a pictures of the real plane, fortunately there is one Emil in Washington state around 2 -3 hours away from here.
Anyways I would definitely get the brassin wheels. Please let me know what camouflage scheme you're going to build and I will hang some in here.
Cheers

Martin

your new avatar :)
MesserschmittBf-109E-3JG51HansIllnerFran

Thanks...and im glad for houre help here...and the corrections.

To do list....some corrections

Ill look at new wheels, and order them, take care of the landing gear height....

The slats will be fixed very early in the build as easier to fix when before wings are glued togheter...and trim the slats

Also i will

take a closer look on the seat, maybe fixin then in same fasion as you did.

Oxy bottle needs trimming.

Also the airintake...is a fuzz...but later.

Ad canvas in the wheelbay wall...

I wont fix all of the errors but some important ones.

And yes as i know the fuselage is sligtly to long...but wont corect that ill let it be...;)

About wich sheme....i for few favorites.

Also if open showing engine...there is some needed fixes there aswell....

But first things first....

As we shall build two cool BF109s to have in the glass cabinet...

Edited by Mal_Belford