HpH Supermarine Walrus MkI

Guest Dekenba

Guest Dekenba

I think the Walrus in the Mushroom book is the RAAF Museum one.

I've seen two, one in the FAA museum & the other in the RAF Hendon museum. Just absolutely bags of character, a really interesting looking aeroplane that tells its own story.

The MMP book is an unrivalled photo reference, just superb, whilst the other book has very few pictures but tons of backstory on the development and use of the plane during WWII.

I find it kind of makes it more interesting and a little more involving to not just get the physical details right, but to develop an appreciation for the plane itself, for how it was used and the brave people who flew then.

And this plane was used in all sorts of ways, from recce, to sea rescue to dive bombing!!!

Guest Dekenba

I'll get some build photo's up over the weekend, even if its just cleaning up the parts a little bit. They are very clean for a resin kit, certainly the cleanest I've seen.

Guest Dekenba

I've placed the full instructions on my photo bucket account if anybody fancies a look, as it came as a PDF file anyway.

Just checked the MMP book & the bright orange Walrus is, no surprises, the RAAF one! They also use the FAA plane and the Hendon example, which is actually a Seagull V, which is basically a metal hulled MkI Walrus.

Mike, planning on trying to fit some time in over the next 3 days or so. Work has been pretty busy the last couple of weeks, allied to which our 2 new puppies are demanding longer & longer walks.

Perhaps they'll shop eating my reference material!

Had a great time in Florida, but the work just created a backlog, ready for my return. Can't complain though, pays the bills, including stash augmentation & reference material reserves!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi !!!!

Im really happy to see your work!!!  If any question, how to build, do not hesitate to ask me. The instruction manual we have done by our best, to help you. Hope was done good. Also we will be in Telford and you can brink you model here to show it us and we can discus  all you need.

And when here in this forum, you and min.4 more people (it mean 5 modelers in competition)  will build and finished our Walrus we will get one our model as price for the winner in this small competition.   (could be Hornet ?!?!)

Regards

Mirek

Edited by Mirek O