Republic P-47D Razorback

I guess I'll be first to sign-on with an entry.

I hope to take one of these:

TrumpRazorBack.jpg

And turn it into something that looks something like so:

RAF_Razorback.jpg

I found a really nice decal sheet from Freightdog Models in the UK depicting a Razorback right after the end of hostility serving in Egypt for the RAF.

Taking on a Trumpeter T-Bolt for a three-month GB may be biting off a bit much, but I'm hoping I can get it done in time...

Wish me luck!

Taking on a Trumpeter T-Bolt for a three-month GB may be biting off a bit much, but I'm hoping I can get it done in time...

Wish me luck!

Heaps of time Dave... good luck!

I'll follow this build closely as my second build ( :rolleyes: as if there'll be time) was a toss up between a P47D and a P51D

Adrian

Good choice Dave. The only kit I have that's possible for this GB is an old Revell bubble-top Thunderbolt, so if I enter, we'll be executing eerily similar builds... :rolleyes:

Kev

The decal sheet I bought has two options for Bubble-tops in addition to the Razorback I'm doing. Both NMF, SEA squadrons. I'd be more than happy to send one to you!

I've encountered a 'minor' setback....

My employer is transferring me from CA to Dallas, TX. OK, maybe not so minor? :D

I'll have some time this weekend to maybe get some fun work done on a model or two then everything needs to start going in boxes. When my company relocates you, they need you there quick! I'll be outta here in two weeks. With finding a place to live, moving, unpacking and then setting up a new work bench it'll be a while before I get much of anything done. Hopefully I can still get this one done before the end of the GB if things go smoothly.

Any good hobby shops in Dallas?

I'll continue to hang around the site whenever I can along the way, so behave yourselves! OH, and get some cool stuff built!!

Drat!, I really wanted to see this one too. Hope you can find time to squeeze it in somehow.

I lived in Dallas for a year, and still go back occasionally. They have some outstanding model shops! You'll like.

The two best Hobby shops in the D/FW area are closed now. :rolleyes:

Hobby Maker and Phil's Hobbies were top notch shops, but they could not stay afloat. I've been out of that area for 2.5 years now so I do not know if anyone has opened up to fill the gaps.

• 1 month later...

For everyone who thought that I had stopped building anything...

I'm finally *almost* settled in my new apartment in Dallas. :unsure: It seems that the unpacking and rearranging never stops! I was all excited to start doing something with this build this weekend, went to the LHS (which is the only one I've been able to find) in order to stock-up on some of the chemicals that I have to replace, only to discover that the shop has been taken over by a new owner and is closed for a week! <_< A hasty order has been placed on-line now..

With some business travel coming up and the June deadline looming I realize that I have a ton of work to do and almost no time to do it if I hope to finish this kit on time. My other duties as the GB moderator have suffered as well so I've got loads of catch-up to do all over the place. :blink:

Mostly I just wanted everyone to know that I haven't completely abandoned my post! Everything they say about moving being one of the Top-Ten stress events is true and I can't wait to finally get some quality time at the bench to relax!! Hopefully I'll have something to actually show on this (and my other) builds fairly soon.....

Then I can start hounding the rest of you!! post-3154-1211895141.gif