Westland Wessex HC2 - Northern Ireland

Stevepd

Here is my latest build the 1/32 FLY Wessex. I've done this as an 80's bird that I had a few flights around the province back in the day. It's a good kit but lots of PE and the instructions are a bit vague. I added the bullet proof shields on the side of the cockpit and added wiring for the Nightsun lamp. I think it's crying out for the bird nest wiring for the underbelly hook but I chickened out. Ideally it should have the larger 72Sqn emblem on the tail but it's too new a kit yet for AM. I've got to add some EZ line on The starboard antennas but will wait for the Salisbury model show in June.

42033435012_2fe05982d4_z.jpg

42033435792_414525e26b_z.jpg

42033436442_fd45ac89c4_z.jpg

42078109921_50ff306486_z.jpg

42078110901_f61b8dee7e_z.jpg

42033437752_5595ff411f_z.jpg

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd

Great work!  This one is for sure up near the top of my to-do stash!  I just need a space on the larger main part of my bench for it as I plan on adding lots to it.   This scheme looks terrific, as I too will be doing a black and camo Cyprus bird at some point.

Congrats on an outstanding looking model 

Thanks for your comments everybody, it's a good kit built up but a rocky road to get there. The subject itself is dear to my heart have spent some time in the province during the troubles so it sit pride of place on display.

Steve.