Revell/Tamiya P-51 build

Looking good John. Interesting to see how close the fit is between these two different kits.

When you have finished this one, you will have to do another one that shows the Tamiya wings on the Revell fuselage  :whistle:

Thanks Don. I think I'll leave that to someone else. :hmmm: :) 

Finished with the cockpit. Not perfect but it will do okay. The Barracuda resin and decal additions really dress up this area. I will have to finish out the whole fuselage before more test fitting to the wings. I do not plan to have the cowlings off.

LxiWg1q.jpg

DFEwXC1.jpg

sOm1OS6.jpg

Been away less than a week and this bird is coming along nicely John!

I'm surprised at the apparent fit between the fuselage and the wing, but I guess the final decision is when you mate the two together - can't wait to see that. 

VERY nice looking cockpit and especially the job on the radio. Nice coils on the seat and nice work on the floor fuel gauges as well. Especially like the restrained weathering of the non-slip surface on the floor - looks great.

Chris

Thanks Chris. It won't be long before we'll see for sure about the wings to fuselage fit. Fingers crossed.

John

Guest Peterpools

John

Terrific progress on the front office - looking so good.

The Revell kit has to be the bargain of the year and under your tutelage, a gem in the making

Keep 'em comin

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Peter

John

Terrific progress on the front office - looking so good.

The Revell kit has to be the bargain of the year and under your tutelage, a gem in the making

Keep 'em comin

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Peter

I'm just about to the point where I can do the test fitting of the Revell wings to the Tamiya fuselage. Just by eyeballing it right now I don't see any obvious problems. At least none that can't be overcome. We will see!

Hi John,

I absolutely love this build! Inside the box thinking = fill the rivet holes in the wing. OUTSIDE the box = CHANGE THE WINGS!!!

You've gone for the second option. Brave? Absolutely! Will it work? I think it will, with the wind in the right direction, a bit of luck and a modicum of skill.

Go John, go!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

That's looking great, looking forward to the next step.

Cheers

Dennis

Thank you Dennis. Hopefully this weekend. :)

Hi John,

I absolutely love this build! Inside the box thinking = fill the rivet holes in the wing. OUTSIDE the box = CHANGE THE WINGS!!!

You've gone for the second option. Brave? Absolutely! Will it work? I think it will, with the wind in the right direction, a bit of luck and a modicum of skill.

Go John, go!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Thanks Bruce. I appreciate that. Fingers are crossed on the wings/fuselage fit. :)