Finished!! 1/32 Messerschmitt Bf-109 D-1 Eduard / Alley cat

Tolga ULGUR

I started this project 4-5 years ago. Construction and painting processes went smoothly

I used Cutting edge decals which are out of production for years. Decals were applied without trouble except sharkmouth

But sharkmouth decal cracked due to its aging  Unfortunately same problem occured on replacement decal also. These problems caused me to lose interest. So this D-1 has waited for years in a corner.

On LSP forums I recently found out by chance that DN Models produce custom mask. Oh that s great.

I ordered the sharkmouth mask for D1 and thus D-1 project started again few days ago

I have used Eduard s Bf-109E-1 as base kit. And naturally Alley cat set to convert it to D-1

I am posting here some old construction process pictures. And will continue soon with the actual ones.

01.JPG

01A.JPG

02A.JPG

01A.jpg

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

06.JPG

07.JPG

08.JPG

09.JPG

Edited by Tolga ULGUR

Excellent work Tolga - looks beautiful

I did an AlleyCat conversion with an Eduard kit few years ago too, and it was amazine how easy it was. Even more so that as I recently built an Eduard kit out of the box, I found it more difficult than to add the AlleyCat nose !?!?!

Excellent work Tolga - looks beautiful

I did an AlleyCat conversion with an Eduard kit few years ago too, and it was amazine how easy it was. Even more so that as I recently built an Eduard kit out of the box, I found it more difficult than to add the AlleyCat nose !?!?!

Thank you Thomas

Yes I also built an Eduard s E-1 years ago and multi part nose section and cowling was not so easy.