Resurrection! Tamiya 1/12 Caterham Super Seven BDR

BloorwestSiR

Nice! What a wonderful kit and yours is looking so good.

Years ago I had the Nichimo 12th scale Europa, and I wanted the 7 kit to go alongside it. Until I saw the price of the 7! In the end I sold the Europa. I was going to take molds off the 7's wheels and tires as the Europa's scaled out to 11 or 12" and was enough to look off. I'd love both back in my car stash.

Jeeessssss Carl, I really didn't need to see this thread, LOL! I wanted one of these when they 1st came out but couldn't afford one. Now I'd have too hard a time justifying the price with so much other stuff in the stash. Super build but I may not look again out of pure jealousy. ;)

Cheers,

Wolf

Nice! What a wonderful kit and yours is looking so good.

Years ago I had the Nichimo 12th scale Europa, and I wanted the 7 kit to go alongside it. Until I saw the price of the 7! In the end I sold the Europa. I was going to take molds off the 7's wheels and tires as the Europa's scaled out to 11 or 12" and was enough to look off. I'd love both back in my car stash.

Thanks Astro! It really is a great kit to put together.

I've never seen the Europa kit. I remember building the Tamiya one in 1/24. It was so tiny in that scale.

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Jeeessssss Carl, I really didn't need to see this thread, LOL! I wanted one of these when they 1st came out but couldn't afford one. Now I'd have too hard a time justifying the price with so much other stuff in the stash. Super build but I may not look again out of pure jealousy. ;)

Cheers,

Wolf

Wolf, the reissue isn't any more expensive than my original one was back in '94. In fact, if you factor in inflation it costs less now. :P

I'm not being helpful am I?

Just popping back in for the updates. Looking good Carl. Love this little rocket.

Troy

Thanks Troy!

Just a small update at the moment. I applied the instrument decals to the dash.

DSC_0366-L.jpg

Once the dials were dry, I filled them in with Bondic UV gel instead of the clear plastic covers which were a bit thick.

DSC_0394-L.jpg

I think this looks much better.

With the dash done, I was able to add it along with the cowl and steering wheel.

DSC_0395-L.jpg

I then mounted the rear fenders and tires. The fenders are attached with screws while the rims are mounted with small nuts tightened with a lug wrench.

DSC_0396-L.jpg

The shoulder belts were up next.

DSC_0397-L.jpg