68 replies to this topic

#31 STWilliams

STWilliams

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

As painful as these threads are for some people, I think they serve a useful purpose. They provide honest feedback & allow open discussion of how people feel about the forum, good & bad. I really don't see a problem with that, we are all adults. This type of honest airing is good in the long run, it allows people to let off steam and is a decent gauge of where the membership stands on certain issues.

People will decide to leave, because it's just not what they want from a forum. But it clears the air to an extent and offers the mods an idea of where perhaps some people don't agree with them.

The answer may well be, "that's the way it is, there are other forums available". And that's absolutely fine, because it restates what LSP is all about and allows the mods the opportunity to speak about their perspective, which is rarely aired.

I think it's all healthy.

• Iain (32SIG), LSP_Typhoonattack, BiggTim and 1 other like this

#32 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,064 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

Try to please everyone and no one will like it.

A while ago, one of the mods sent me a PM informing me that he had deleted my signature (Cops...the biggest street gang in the world) because someone found it offensive. Did I have a hissy fit and storm out because I had been censored? Nope. I told him I really didn't care and my signature now informs people that I'm not posting a new signature because someone found my last one offensive. Life is too short and I have more pressing issues to deal with.

And I had received a note from an individual who found my profile picture offensive.
A movie character played by Clint Eastwood! Supposedly a gun toting old west preacher in a movie was bad, he was offended.
I removed it
It wasn't a Mod.
I only did it to prevent another bloody sch*t storm

Edited by Clunkmeister, 20 May 2018 - 04:49 PM.

• Jack, williamj, Martinnfb and 5 others like this
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#33 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:47 PM

As painful as these threads are for some people, I think they serve a useful purpose. They provide honest feedback & allow open discussion of how people feel about the forum, good & bad. I really don't see a problem with that, we are all adults. This type of honest airing is good in the long run, it allows people to let off steam and is a decent gauge of where the membership stands on certain issues.

People will decide to leave, because it's just not what they want from a forum. But it clears the air to an extent and offers the mods an idea of where perhaps some people don't agree with them.

The answer may well be, "that's the way it is, there are other forums available". And that's absolutely fine, because it restates what LSP is all about and allows the mods the opportunity to speak about their perspective, which is rarely aired.

I think it's all healthy.

And I'm inclined to agree with that...

Seconded!  :)

Iain
  • Martinnfb, LSP_Typhoonattack and BiggTim like this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#34 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 10,573 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

What I don't agree with is seemingly arbitrary ham-fisted censorship based on personal likes, dislikes or tolerance. 

That may be how you perceive it, but you are categorically wrong. There are two sides to this, perhaps you should try to take a look from the other side, and reflect.

• johncrow, williamj, Martinnfb and 3 others like this

#35 Juggernut

Juggernut

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:52 PM

That may be how you perceive it, but you are categorically wrong. There are two sides to this, perhaps you should try to take a look from the other side, and reflect.

And I disagree...  I am very capable of seeing both side of any issue and thank you very much for the condescending suggestion. 

• Martinnfb, harvey, BiggTim and 2 others like this

"You can always tell a pilot.... But you can't tell him much." Pat Malara Sr. (1925 - 1997) USAAC CBI, Owner/Founder, Riverside School of Aeronautics

#36 RLWP

RLWP

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

And I had received a note from an individual who found my profile picture offensive.
A movie character played by Clint Eastwood! Supposedly a gun toting old west preacher in a movie was bad, he was offended.
I removed it
It wasn't a Mod.
I only did it to prevent another bloody sch*t storm

Put it back, I can't work out which are your posts now

• Martinnfb, harvey, JohnB and 7 others like this
We are normal and we want our freedom!

#37 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,064 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:01 PM

Guys, a Mod's response here brought back a thought of mine.

Regarding the original review thread, I was concerned it could get off track and voiced my concern to Brian, Ron and others in PMs.
I SPECIFICALLY stated my concerns and asked that if it descended to the schitstorm to please delete the thread or at the very least, prune it and keep it on topic.

I, as the OP, was one of the Members who asked at the beginning. If I had the ability to prune it myself, I would have, but I don't.
I missed the storm because I was at a retreat.
I return and the pit of hell had opened up.

I for one regret this whole thing. I thought the reviews thread was a good, honest, decent thread with the intention of having good conversation. I used a way out there review ascan extreme example. Prolly shouldn't have used that one, but it proved my point.
Now it's too late

Peace

Edited by Clunkmeister, 20 May 2018 - 05:02 PM.

• harvey, JohnB, Peterpools and 3 others like this
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#38 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 10,573 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

And I disagree...  I am very capable of seeing both side of any issue and thank you very much for the condescending suggestion. 

If that's the case why did you start the thread in the first place?

• johncrow, williamj, Martinnfb and 3 others like this

#39 LSP_Ron

LSP_Ron

• LSP Moderator
  • 17,016 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

I've been a mod here since 2007, a very active one during my tenor here as well.  I'd like to think I've played some roll in making the LSP forums the place they are today.  Respectful, polite, helpful.

I don't view my actions nor other staffs actions as censorship. We make our calls as best as we can for the collective good of the site.  I support Iain's call in hiding that thread as a wise move.  I locked the second thread. I was a rather rash in my first post but immediately changed my comment within a minute or two.  For that I apologize,  for locking the thread I do not.

• R Palimaka, Iain (32SIG), johncrow and 10 others like this

Ron

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Douglas Adams

When I die, I'll be on time

#40 Martinnfb

Martinnfb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

Thank You Iain, I was following the initial topic and the way how it slipped sideways, what I had in mind the     Oh Rats! Who screwed the Reviews Topic??    . Is there perhaps a possibility to hide conflicting posts and preserve the valuable parts of the discussion ?

Also I understand that there was a post removed from Maru's topic, where Ernie was relating to Biblic prophesy of Jesus fasting in the wilderness.  I know that Ernie and Maru are very close on personal level and Quran recognizes Jesus as a prophet and I am 99.9% sure that Ern would never even remotely tried to hurt Maru, no way. So why it was deleted?

Ron. I am looking for moderating feedback here, not for righteous attitude of wasting life as a mod. etc...., this discussion is very important for the LSP community as a whole and clarity is a must. Maybe it would be a good idea to send a PM to the member, with notification of what rule was violated and where.

Tension created by misplaced statements takes it's tool on the members as well. I am often trying to defuse the pressure by posting bunch of silly/immature statements or memes,  just to deal with it

I also believe that everyone appreciates Moderators and their work here as much as everyone appreciates the membership it self , however nobody holds people to stay , on both sides.

• harvey, BiggTim, Shaka HI and 1 other like this

In progress:   D-13 ; Ta-152V7 ; Mig-29 ; EMIL ; P-39 Аэрокобра ; Avia S-199 ; K-14 what if

Done:            F-8 F-8 Wurger Party ; D-9 ; D-15; Ta-152E ; P-40E 

#41 RLWP

RLWP

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

Guys, a Mod's response here brought back a thought of mine.

Regarding the original review thread, I was concerned it could get off track and voiced my concern to Brian, Ron and others in PMs.
I SPECIFICALLY stated my concerns and asked that if it descended to the schitstorm to please delete the thread or at the very least, prune it and keep it on topic.

I, as the OP, was one of the Members who asked at the beginning. If I had the ability to prune it myself, I would have, but I don't.
I missed the storm because I was at a retreat.
I return and the pit of hell had opened up.

I for one regret this whole thing. I thought the reviews thread was a good, honest, decent thread with the intention of having good conversation. I used a way out there review ascan extreme example. Prolly shouldn't have used that one, but it proved my point.
Now it's too late

Peace

When I last saw your thread it seemed to be ticking along nicely. I missed the descent into anarchy so I can't comment on that. From what I saw, I don't think you are to blame

RE: your avatar - this seems somehow appropriate:

clint-eastwood-and-lee-marvin-in-paint-y

Richard

• Martinnfb, harvey and BiggTim like this

#42 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,104 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

Ernie

I've been a huge fan of Clint Eastwood for as long as I can remember.

"Go ahead, make my day" Ernie  and bring the Clint photo back :please:

Peter

Edited by Peterpools, 20 May 2018 - 05:12 PM.

• harvey, JohnB, monthebiff and 3 others like this

B5WSeE.jpg

#43 RLWP

RLWP

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

Edited because the post no longer made sense

Hang on, what's that got to do with it?

Who said that?

Richard

NURSE!! 

Edited by RLWP, 20 May 2018 - 05:16 PM.

• Martinnfb, Peterpools and BiggTim like this

#44 BiggTim

BiggTim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

I totally agree that this sort of "airing of greivances" can be a good thing, and we can all learn a few things if we keep the subtle digs out of it.

I still believe this is the best forum I've ever been involved in, and we have very good mods whose work I greatly appreciate. They are as imperfect as we are, and don't always make the right call, and we sometimes say stupid crap we shouldn't. This kind of thing can help us all correct the course, so take it for that and keep going.

I do not want to see guys like Smitty and Juggernut leave over this. I'm looking forward to meeting Smitty, Out2gtcha, and many others at Nats, and this is the place that made that happen. Please remember that you may be seeing these people in person at some point, so talk to them like your looking them in the eye. Dont turn this into Facebook, please.

Just my 2 cents, but this place is very important to me.

Tim
  • williamj, spacewolf, LSP_Paul and 10 others like this

In progress: 1/32 Trumpy P-38L (very slowly), and some others.....

Completed in 2017: Trumpeter Bf109E-4, 1/16 Waffen SS figure

Previous Completions: Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat, Hase Me-163 Jagerfaust , 1/16 Fokker DVII Scratchbuilt Wooden Skeleton

#45 Dave J

Dave J

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

I feel things are way too heavily modded compared with how it used to be.

Edited by Dave J, 20 May 2018 - 06:03 PM.

• Martinnfb, harvey, BiggTim and 2 others like this

Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users