• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#1 Juggernut

Juggernut

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

My thread was locked because appaently LSP_RON doesn't think the "General Discussion" forum is a place for non-LSP discussion.  He also feels that it is his duty to control exactly what topics are discussed and to what degree.(because he didn't like or couldn't tolerate a post by Clunk) in spite of there being absolutely NO violations of LSP protocols.  This is a prima facia case of censorship!  Freedom of Speech is held very close for us Americans and any censorship of that freedom will be met with what you're getting right here...and Texans are particularly peeved when you step on their freedoms.  I'm sorry but If this isn't a public forum and I'm off my rocker, i'll have to again rethink my participation herein since I have zero tolerance for any sort of mindless censorship.  

Let's see how long this thread lasts before it too gets censored.  LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS, the discussion had already evolved past the original topic.

• Martinnfb, harvey, JohnB and 1 other like this

"You can always tell a pilot.... But you can't tell him much." Pat Malara Sr. (1925 - 1997) USAAC CBI, Owner/Founder, Riverside School of Aeronautics

#2 Guest_Smitty44_*

Guest_Smitty44_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:26 PM

Preach it brother, I too am just about done with this place! There have been several other threads locked recently because someone didn't like the thread or they were apparently going nowhere, yet Jennings Slog fest thread remains? I also have noticed that some are allowed to have several pages in a thread about their religion( which doesn't bother me in itself) yet if I am to mention anything about Christianity, oh boy. Seems to have become snowflake city here, just as the world around us. This is my family, and it really bums me out. A lot of my old friends turned there backs on me because I changed my lifestyle, and I came to find many new ones here, and I would hate to loose that, but...yuck!
  • Martinnfb, JohnB, MARU5137 and 2 others like this

#3 Martinnfb

Martinnfb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

Amen to that !

• harvey, JohnB, BiggTim and 1 other like this

In progress:   D-13 ; Ta-152V7 ; Mig-29 ; EMIL ; P-39 Аэрокобра ; Avia S-199 ; K-14 what if

Done:            F-8 F-8 Wurger Party ; D-9 ; D-15; Ta-152E ; P-40E 

#4 STWilliams

STWilliams

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:56 PM

I'm afraid I tend to agree. The slightest hint of anything other than "that looks great", or "here's a 1/32 aeroplane I'm building", or "what's this/that kit like" has a very short life.

Which is absolutely fine, if that's what LSP is meant to be. 

But I'm finding that, as a result, the forum is becoming very beige. It's 100 shades of the same thing, with nothing regarded as "controversial" allowed. I'm not bothered by the absence of anything specific, just very narrow rules about what can be posted that are ruthlessly enforced.

I know it's a membership forum and administered by volunteers, but I honestly believe there is room for some disagreement, as long as it's faithfully and politely delivered.

Yes, it needs to be kept civil for the benefit of all members, but at the moment I feel the balance is wrong.

In reply, I expect a post from a mod along the lines of "if you don't like it, don't visit".

Again, I respect where the mods are coming from, but there's a danger that members decide to do exactly that, which will not benefit this forum at all.

Just my thoughts. 

• Martinnfb, harvey, JohnB and 1 other like this

#5 Guest_Smitty44_*

Guest_Smitty44_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2018 - 02:58 PM

Yes, our way or the highway coming in 3.....2....1
  • Martinnfb and STWilliams like this

#6 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 10,581 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

There were two threads locked at the request of the op, the second of which was when different opinions were given, so much for freedom of speech, the request came from and was supported by American members.

The thread on reviews was hidden when it became apparent that it was "to expose" - Ernie's words - for how he perceives the specific reviewer in question to be. I'm all for freedom of speech, and if Ernie wants to rail against this and that and everything in between, fine, but this isn't the place. This isn't a public forum, you have to be a member to participate.

I fail to see what the problem is with Maru's Ramzam thread John, have you had a similar thread locked?

• williamj, LSP_Paul, LSP_Ron and 4 others like this

#7 Martinnfb

Martinnfb

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,149 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

I am glad that Ron edited his final post at the thread in question, since I had a hard time to google acronym FA. 

In progress:   D-13 ; Ta-152V7 ; Mig-29 ; EMIL ; P-39 Аэрокобра ; Avia S-199 ; K-14 what if

Done:            F-8 F-8 Wurger Party ; D-9 ; D-15; Ta-152E ; P-40E 

#8 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

Moderation is like an iceberg - it's easy (and understandable) for members to draw conclusions from what they see on the surface, without any sighting of what's (or how much) is going on beneath the waterline.

This is a very International group - the mods do their absolute utmost to be fair - but we do have to act at times to ensure that the overall harmony and purpose of the group is maintained. It is a far from easy job - and pretty thankless in the main - especially at the moment.

As to the thread about someone's religion, we have posts about Christmas?

Iain

• williamj, LSP_Ron, Martinnfb and 7 others like this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#9 Juggernut

Juggernut

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

There were two threads locked at the request of the op, the second of which was when different opinions were given, so much for freedom of speech, the request came from and was supported by American members.

The thread on reviews was hidden when it became apparent that it was "to expose" - Ernie's words - for how he perceives the specific reviewer in question to be. I'm all for freedom of speech, and if Ernie wants to rail against this and that and everything in between, fine, but this isn't the place. This isn't a public forum, you have to be a member to participate.

I fail to see what the problem is with Maru's Ramzam thread John, have you had a similar thread locked?

Wait, you're suggesting I or someone other than LSP_Ron requested my thread be locked?  That doesn't fit with what I'm reading in my own topic and I sure as tell didn't ask to have my own thread locked.  The first review thread Ernie asked that it be closely monitored...no problem there whatsoever.  My topic, on the other hand, was not subject to the same request.   So how does that infer an American (me, the OP) was asking for any sort of similar moderation?

• Martinnfb, harvey and BiggTim like this

"You can always tell a pilot.... But you can't tell him much." Pat Malara Sr. (1925 - 1997) USAAC CBI, Owner/Founder, Riverside School of Aeronautics

#10 Kagemusha

Kagemusha

• LSP Moderator
  • 10,581 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

Wait, you're suggesting I or someone other than LSP_Ron requested my thread be locked?  That doesn't fit with what I'm reading in my own topic and I sure as tell didn't ask to have my own thread locked.  The first review thread Ernie asked that it be closely monitored...no problem there whatsoever.  My topic, on the other hand, was not subject to the same request.   So how does that infer an American (me, the OP) was asking for any sort of similar moderation?

I was referring to John's post "several other threads locked recently".

• Martinnfb, LSP_Typhoonattack and BiggTim like this

#11 Guest_Smitty44_*

Guest_Smitty44_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:18 PM

A lot of non Christians celebrate Christmas so invalid point. Yesterday Ern posted on Maru's thread that he knew someone who fasted for 40 days and it was removed. Years ago I was a member and quit LSP for a while, asking my account be deleted, because I was torn a new one for bringing up religion, so yes. Maru may not mention someone, but we know who is talking about. I see nothing will change. I request that you delete my account immediately, hope your happy!

• Martinnfb and BiggTim like this

#12 Juggernut

Juggernut

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

I was referring to John's post "several other threads locked recently".

My misunderstanding,  I didn't get that from your reply.  

Not a public forum?  Censor away!  Be advised that the more content is censored, the fewer participants you will have.

Edited by Juggernut, 20 May 2018 - 03:40 PM.

• Martinnfb, harvey and BiggTim like this

#13 Iain (32SIG)

Iain (32SIG)

• LSP Moderator
  • 7,595 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

Your request to have your account deleted is noted John - I'm afraid that will have to be passed over to the Admins to process when they next come online, we don't have access to be able to do that for you immediately.

Regards,

Iain

• Martinnfb, LSP_Typhoonattack and BiggTim like this

1280-4.jpg

Iain Ogilvie - http://www.aeronut.co.uk

#14 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,633 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

What did I do ?
:frantic:
  • Martinnfb, BiggTim and Shaka HI like this

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#15 Juggernut

Juggernut

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:42 PM

What did I do ?
:frantic:

Nothing wrong,  I'm sure.  Politics is verboten (with good reason) but I'm not aware of any other topics that aren't (personal attacks and the like not included) allowed.

Edited by Juggernut, 20 May 2018 - 03:48 PM.

• williamj, Martinnfb and BiggTim like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users