Tamiya 1/48 F-14A: 6/17/18: DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Don

So very much appreciated. While I can't hold a candle to the guys when it comes to detailing and correcting a kit, I just love to paint

Peter

Thanks Kev

32nd scale Tomcat or F4?

Peter

Good question; Tomcat (I think). For the F-4, I have VF-84 decals, for sure (as well as others), and have had them for a very long time now.

Kev

Either way - I surely can't wait to follow your builds

Peter

Oddly enough, at the moment I have none of the big Tomcat or Rhino models, but I'm planning to add them back to my stash eventually. (First order of business though, is to grab the big Tamiya Eagle.)

Guest Peterpools

ringleheim,

Very much appreciated and no question the Super Tomcat will be here maybe by the fall.  Hopefully there will be new AM decals coming our way and I'll be adding the F-14D to the collection.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Decals look spot on and it's really nice to find a set in the stash. Can't wait to see the Big Cat underway.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Brian

Been plugging away and all the missiles, drop tanks and pylons are now painted each the appropriate gloss white, ready for clear gloss and decaling with a zillion small decals: yikes! Even started the gear late last night and it feels great to be at the bench, making enjoyable and relaxing progress.

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Thanks Brian

Been plugging away and all the missiles, drop tanks and pylons are now painted each the appropriate gloss white, ready for clear gloss and decaling with a zillion small decals: yikes! Even started the gear late last night and it feels great to be atthe bench, making enjoyable and relaxing progress.

Peter

It is a hobby after all Peter, and to me that is, along with life, the main goal..................enjoy yourself!   :lol:

Heading to a big model show in Toronto next Saturday so hoping to pick one of these up cheap. They're $150 at the shops here in town.

Don

Wow! I never knew they were that much.   There are some really nice 1/32nd kits out (like the Tamiya P-51) for $50 or $60 bucks less than that. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, the detail, complexity and size of some 1/48th kits, are probably  are making things head that way