Hasegawa Boeing F4B-4...

Big Texan

Hey fellars! I picked up this kit for a good price. It's sealed!!! It's the older kit version from late 60's early 70's. Only problem is the decals. Just to old to use. I'm looking for some help for some Yellow Wings decals for it. I've been to Ebay, but no such luck. Been to Sprue Bros. as well, and no luck there. So, if you got spares, or a set you're willing to sell, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks Guys!

I am pretty sure I have a set from a later release; same but newer. I plan on using a Yellow Wings set. IIRC the kit stars are a bit thin in the white area requiring a white background painted before application. Not hard to do but an extra step

I am on the road right now so cannot check until I get back. Send me a PM as a reminder.

Thanks

Rick

Yep, seen them! Trying to decide to build as is, just detail some areas, stick a pilot in the cockpit which would alleviate super detailing it, because the pilot swallows up the space, and so on. I got the kit for $22. Vector engine and cowl runs from $20's yo $30's. LoneStar pit is virtually $30. Just paid $18 for Yeller Wings decals. Seems the aftermarket stuff is more than the kit!. So, trying to decide which way to go.

Yep, seen them! Trying to decide to build as is, just detail some areas, stick a pilot in the cockpit which would alleviate super detailing it, because the pilot swallows up the space, and so on. I got the kit for $22. Vector engine and cowl runs from $20's yo $30's. LoneStar pit is virtually $30. Just paid $18 for Yeller Wings decals. Seems the aftermarket stuff is more than the kit!. So, trying to decide which way to go.

That's because the kit is a bargain and being well-engineered, an excellent base for any AM stuff.

And still you come out far ahead price-wise over some of the newer kits that require the added expense of an assembly/alignment jig because of it's not having positive sockets and alignment bracing molded into the kit itself.

Hubert, that's insanely excellent!!!! Wow!!!  Fantastic job!!!! Just a bit too far for me!!!!

RBrown, thank's for posting those pics. Between those pics and Huberts building pics, yeah, I could come up with a fairly nice pit. 

Gigant, it is true, the Vector set and LoneStar pit would definietly be nice additions. 

Really appreciate the input!!! I've always liked the looks of this little Navy pre-war fighter. They must have been a blast to fly!