Tamiya Messerschmitt Bf109G-6

tucohoward

I thought I would try one of these before I get back to repairs on the Mosquito. I followed Gaz's build so I knew what to look for and pay attention going in. Very enjoyable build overall. Lots to like but for me the real highlights were the radiator flap mounting and the main landing gear and wheels/tires. Both for their very secure mounting methods and assured perfect alignment. The decals are much thinner than previous Tamiya issue and were used throughout. The only thing I really didn't like was the decal seatbelt harness. I used it because I went into this planning to build it with whatever came in the box, but would definitely use AM if I build another one. 

Jay

20180617_181842_zpsksic05ax.jpg20180617_181821_zpsyizjcx2a.jpg20180617_181732_zps8badmmd3.jpg20180617_181713_zpsayn6ipit.jpg20180617_181657_zps7ovqdp6l.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Jay

WOW

Awesome 109 ... amazing finish and weathering. Absolutely gorgeous work.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW I just my Tamiya 48th scale Tomcat and and solely painted with Mr Color Paints. A while back you recommended them and while I did buy a few bottles but only used them for small applications. Well as luck would have it, I didn't have enough MRP paints for the Tomcat and had all the paints I needed in Mr Color. I'm a firm convert and they are my number one, go to paint.

Much appreciated the gentle nudge and coaching.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...