365 replies to this topic

#361 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,104 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

Carl

Nice work on the seats and cushions - looks really good. Nothing every seems to go easy and you would think for what HGW and Eduard charge for their fabric seat belts, they would actually include a complete set. Belts really look good and I'm shopping for the right set for my next build :mental:

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• BloorwestSiR likes this

B5WSeE.jpg

#362 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

Just catching up, but amazing build. The HK B-25 is definitely one of those kits I'd love to tackle if I felt I could do it justice.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff!

The kit interior is quite the blank canvas so you can go nuts like I have on Betty's Dream or just add a bit more like I'm doing on French Kiss.

#363 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:29 PM

Oh no Carl, echoes of the Mossie disaster when I read about the B-25 cockpits being crunched! Hope you’re able to salvage the work and plug on!

The build is looking great by the way!

It almost seems like HK kits are cursed in my household. I certainly hope not as I've got the B-17F left in the stash and plan to get the Lanc when it comes out.

The copilot's seat for French Kiss still hasn't shown up so I'm going to have to improvise there.

#364 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:31 PM

I hope you got yourself a cold one after all these belts. I love the Hgw belts but boy they test my patience!

Good job, kept it up.

David

Thanks David!

They used to drive me batty too until I found a slightly easier way to get them together. Once I started, I got a bit of a rhythm going and got them done. Still took two sittings but that helped too.

#365 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:33 PM

Carl
Nice work on the seats and cushions - looks really good. Nothing every seems to go easy and you would think for what HGW and Eduard charge for their fabric seat belts, they would actually include a complete set. Belts really look good and I'm shopping for the right set for my next build :mental:
Keep 'em comin
Peter

Thanks Peter! I'm still surprised that they each missed a different position and even more oddly, one that is part of the kit. Whereas they included the belts for the jump seats which aren't there...

#366 BloorwestSiR

BloorwestSiR

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,632 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

And heres the finished belts with a coat of Tamiya Khaki on the ones I made up.

DSC_0090-L.jpg

Next up was the floor for the waist area. I ended up with two different ones. The upper one will fit in French Kiss which has the simpler ribbing while the sliughtly narrower one on the bottom will fit Betty's Dream. I'm going to paint them and get them ready for fitting.

DSC_0091-L.jpg

Edited by BloorwestSiR, 18 June 2018 - 06:39 PM.

• Uncarina, Out2gtcha and patricksparks like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: B-25J HK Models, Strafer, Bettys Dream, French Kiss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users