F-4E Phantom II "Kurnass" in Israeli Service

Bill Cross

IMG_4511_800x600_.jpg

Here's the set-up so far:

Tamiya F-4E kit

Eduard multiple PE sets

Eduard tires & ejection seat

Sierra Hotel intakes, burner cans and "splitter" planes

Master pitot tube, angle of attack probe, etc.

Sky Decals

IsraDecals RF-4E stencils

Eduard canopy masks

various paints

Double Ugly Phantom book Vol. 1 (wish I'd ordered BOTH volumes)

Now I need to find some CAM M117 bombs (at LEAST 2 sets). Can do a mix of M117s and M-82s (from the Tamiya kit). May do the Master M61 Gatling gun barrels, but unsure if they're going to be displayed and hence worth the $15 extra.

Wish me luck, and maybe I'll get a mitzvah!

Edited by Bill Cross

Hi 

It will be an interesting built to follow :popcorn:  , with all these goodies , she will turn into a master piece ....and what about the "tail art" ??? But , I wonder ........do you really like F 4???????? :hmmm: 

Thanks, Alain. Yes, the F-4 was THE iconic aircraft for me growing up (Vietnam and later Israeli Air Force). I'm divided right now between the "Knights of the Orange Tail" and "The Bats," but am waiting until I finish the Double Ugly book to see if one aircraft stands out over the other. The early Kurnass had little or no tail art, other than the squadron placard.

Hi Bill,

rather than the CAM M117, have a look at the AMS CBU bombs, you won't regret it and moreover they are available!

Cheers

Thierry

Where can I get them? The CAM bombs are available from Sprue Brothers according to their website. Actually, combining the two on one load-out would be interesting, as both were used for SEAD.

Hi Bill,

The reply is easy: Spruebrothers!

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/ams32070.htm

They are currently OOP but Harold is sending them regularly new batches.

HTH

Thierry

Thanks, Thierry, I'd like to have both the M117s AND the CBUs if it works and is historically accurate (the CBUs were used to "degrade" SAM sights and were likely pretty hard on the personnel).

your an F4 maniac, I dig that!!!!!!! plus it's a really cool subject, you don't see a lot of these get built.

Thanks, not so much maniac and seriously unhinged. Spent over $200 so far on the upgrades, LOL. :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152: :m0152:

:mental:

Looking for this other Phantom of yours Bill !

Thanks, Loic. Actually, other than the amount of $$$ I have sunk into this so far, it makes a lot of sense to build another Phantom and make use of the lessons I learned from the Vietnam build.

I know, I know, I'm enabling myself.... :mental: :mental: :mental: