Desert Hunter ala Abu Dhabi DONE

marauderdriver

IMAG0047.jpgIMAG0012.jpgIMAG0031.jpgIMAG0032.jpgIMAG0036.jpgIMAG0037.jpgIMAG0038.jpgIMAG0044.jpgI have been looking at this GB for awhile, but was building a 1/32 B-17 for a few months on another
thread when it took a FLAK-KAT hit and put me back and I started a couple of small "Classic Plastic"
I had purchased on the-bay. Aurora 1957 F-104 Starfighter and a Revell 1994 re-pop of the 1955
Navy Douglas D-558-2 Skyrocket on stands.

My Shreveport La club hosts RiverConIII in less than 4 weeks and I have nothing to bring to the dance.
Into the magic stack and VOLIA! ...........1/32 Revell Hunter FG9 and Abu Dhabi DESERT CAMO decals.

A 4 week build for my contest........Foreign or Captured GB here.......Should'nt be a proplem?????

1..Abu Dhabi circa:1970 1/32 Desert Hunter FG9 on a stick
Gear up
Pilot from Tamiya F-15J 2nd crewman
Started Wednesday Feb 12 2014

2,,New for me camera Pawn Shop.......Can't see $400 for new camera

I think the photos will get better?????

Edited by marauderdriver

Can anyone tell me a good size tube for the cannon.........I really plan OOB except Der FLY'n  GUY!

But may add cannon

time management    ............wasting time typing here when I could work more...........

GOTTA GO

Jack

IMAG0018.jpgIMAG0016.jpgIMAG0017.jpgIMAG0021.jpgIMAG0024.jpg  Worked the pilot with the Tamiya head (helmet visor modified) and body (legs straightened) with Master Details WW2 Cold Weather Pilot Arms. 

Started to make life vest with lead tape and rolled milliput white for the collar

Cockpit dry-brushed Gunship Gray and prism white pencil and future drops for lenses.  I have 15 things I wanna do to this cockpit

But I put it another room so I won't "Improve" it.

Sorry for some of the photos  still trying to figure out camera

No photos of seat yet camera battery is RIP

Upon further review......I must confess that when you build an American Model  of a British Jet with a Japanese version of an American 

F-15 pilot with American Resin WW2 arms....................Something gets lost in the translation..............Pilot to wide at the shoulder and have to finish

him and mount the seat ................and then close the fuselage.........So far minimum of problems, but see some in the making...... IMAG0031.jpgIMAG0034.jpgIMAG0044.jpgIMAG0084.jpgIMAG0032.jpgIMAG0035.jpgIMAG0048.jpgIMAG0077.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Jack

Great decision for your club contest and with the desert cammo, certainly is going to be a standout.

Nice work on the pilot and front office. That truly is a multi-national combo for the pilot.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Sorry for no pics yet ............I keep putting things together and forget to pick up the camera

Stupid time line to finish and I have a warped wing in two kits

Its trying to be difficult on short notice, and I'm not helping much

I screwed up mounting the warped wing and had to grind the thing 

to hell to blend it in, so that stopped my SENIOR mind  from looking up

and forget photos  coming soon

Jack

Ok grabbed a few pics and there not really good, but ya'll know what a pre shaded model looks like.

Can't seem to get consistent photos, but keep trying.

This kit is like a nagging  wife you can't kill her cause you still love her, so you block the noise and keep going

and soon she'll stop and there will be PEACE

I apologize to the HUNTER FAITHFUL for the cannon barrels, but I have it on the best of authority that this was a  

"Local"  modification to aid in cooling the barrels for higher rate of fire cannon modification.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!IMAG0134.jpgIMAG0135.jpgIMAG0136.jpgIMAG0138.jpgIMAG0139.jpg

Looking forward to see the hunter in that camo.

Keep going.

MArk

Thanks Mark,

Sorry too long to respond ....I do Apologize for the delay

Jack

Ooh now that's a great choice for Hawker Hunter......it will be lovely ( possibly unique) to see

it in those colors and scheme.......

A nice change from the colors of the Allies. ..

Good start :goodjob:

Thanks MARU

I have a CRAZY passion for the British Desert Camo Colors ..............So CRAZY I painted my Sea Vixen as an "Arabian Vixen"

Jack

Jack

Great decision for your club contest and with the desert cammo, certainly is going to be a standout.

Nice work on the pilot and front office. That truly is a multi-national combo for the pilot.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thank You Peter,

It's fun to come up with something for a pilot............After modifying 9 crewmen for my B-17 I'm not afraid of playing  Dr. Frank in Stien

Very cool,... Veeeryyyy cooool

Thank You Sir

Edited by marauderdriver

Yeah blackbetty,

I have those too.

I bought 1/144 Hunter and 2 F6 Lightnings  but no decals

I thought of the Omani 2 tone dark and darker gray, their makings you couldn't see answered what to do with it.

Now just figure out the Lightnings 

First coat of middlestone  just now and will keep posting as long as I'm working on it.

about an hour and i'll start to mix the Dark Earth

IMAG0162.jpgIMAG0169.jpgIMAG0164.jpgIMAG0166.jpg