First WnW: Albatros D.V Komplete 11/7/18

Gazzas

Guest Peterpools

Gaz

Now that's decaling to the tenth degree. That story just might have been true somewhere during the Great War

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Hi everyone,

More decals...

ZCUegS.jpg

9huzfq.jpg

Something I hadn't noticed was that the two fuselage Wappen are accompanied by different heraldic animals:

pcejjR.jpg

The Port Wappen is joined by a heraldic Lion.  The Starboard Wappen by a heraldic Tyger.

There are some minor decals I need to suss out before I move on.  Some are for the struts.  Others for the propeller blades...  Though I don't understand why we're given six of them...

Thanks for looking!

Gaz

Thank you fellas!

Slowly she's coming together.  It feels like there is miles to go, though all that is left to do is some touch up, attaching the upper wing, the rigging, then a final bit of light weathering.

I have to admit with the huge decals I've gone entirely water-based on the weathering.  I didn't want a solvent bleed through the Future getting to those decals.

Here are the update pics:

A0PnH8.jpg

DS8SL5.jpg

7f9CnF.jpg

IzcOAV.jpg

Anvk1G.jpg

v1LggP.jpg

Thank you for looking!

Gaz

Edited by Gazzas

Gaz,

Absolutely spectacular work! You build this genre like a pro. I have this kit as well, hope mine turns out half as well!

Cheers, Tom

Tom,

Thank you very much!  I've seen your work, I'm sure yours will come out fantastic.

This will look spectacular when it's done. :wow:

Cheers,

Michael

Thank you, Michael.  Hopefully I can finish it soon. 

What a striking scheme! I wouldn't say beautiful, it's just too much for my poor eyes and I'm already wearing sunglasses! :D But striking it is and I applaud your masterful execution! Very well done!

Thank you very much!  I have to say that one of the things I am enjoying is the colorful schemes available to WWI aircraft.   I have a certain affection for the Bavarian blue and white and  I plan to build a Roden D.III to emulate the fourth machine from the left, eventually:

Albatros%20D.V%20of%20Jasta%205%20photog

Gaz