WNW Albatros DV 'Richthofen'

aircare84

I'm curious...  it shows 4 paint schemes for MvR's D.V's.  Did he really fly that many?

Gaz

Seems so - the instruction book is up on the WNW site and gives a description for each and photos though seems likely the green tailed scheme he only used on a visit to another aerodrome where pics were taken of the event....

I wasn't referencing the 1/48 lineup of kits.  They have a 1/32 Nieuport 17 ready for imminent release this fall, which represents their first, and likely not last, foray into this scale.  The test shots that are out there in this forum reveal what promises to be a very high quality model kit.  IIRC Roden did a Nieuport 17 in this scale and that did not deter Copper State from developing their own kit.  Yeah Copper State Models and long may they live...

check out page 8 in the thread below:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=9428.105

Ju

Just checked out Copper State.  Some great WWI kits...  but in the wrong scale.  I refuse to build any A/C model that requires wire rigging under 1/32 scale.

My vision, even augmented, is too bad for anything smaller...  besides...  Big and clumsy...  that's me.

Gaz

An industry first: providing decals for another manufacturers models, so a modeler can do that particular pilots line-up of aircraft. Albie, and tripe decals for the Roden kits.

If you look close, the instructions say as of April 2018 so that doesn't mean they won't ever make them.

I am pointing out that WNW IS providing decals for another manufacturers model kits. Never been done before.

Yep, and I was pointing out that just because they say they are for Roden's kits doesn't mean they don't plan on doing those particular planes as well.

Guest Clunkmeister

Yes, I will be pre ordering this. The extra decals are a super nice bonus.

The funny thing is, I have the other Roden kits and have had them spread out on my bench, ready to be started.

But something stopped me and now I know why.

Having a Richthofen aircraft timeline built and in the display cabinet?

How cool would that be?

Edited by Clunkmeister

$89 is good - I assume that the Sopwith Trip will be the same price.

I sold my Tripe for £200 a week before the new boxing was announced. I feel a bit smug, but the bloke I sold it to is not answering my e-mails anymore.