DC-3 from HPH

Flipper

OT was my bad, sorry :P

No, I too contributed on-going, but in a way it can/does have to do with any potential things going on with the DC-3.   It appears from pics that HpH are utilizing the wire to strengthen the gear in the same manor as other kits, but in the Gooney birds case, I think its gear lends itself much better to that technique, and the wires seem much better hidden away, and harder to tell they are even there. 

Since I do not show the landing gear extended in any model that does not bother me. 

Since I have no objection to fixing with epoxy putty, filler, lots of grinding and sanding that does not bother me either

What does bother me is the fact that it costs so much $ to buy this kit.

Since the Tigercat apparently has so many flaws I'll just buy the Combat Models vacuform version for under a hundred dollars and build that. 

It all depends on what degree of accuracy in a model satisfies each individual modeler. Nobody is wrong. We all have different criteria for accuracy and ease of assembly of our models. It is an individual thing.  Reviews like these are good because we can see which versions of a kit have a chance of satisfying the individual modeler. 

When the DC-3 comes out I will buy that and build it until it satisfies me. Rivets shmivits who cares? If the cast in rivets are too big I'll sand them down. No way am I going to worry about the panel lines. The only criteria I have will be the problem of applying those really big, and long civil air lines decals to fit over the rivets and lines.

I have lived through many nerve wracking problems and situations in my life. There are no ways that I will make my life harder with mere models. Making models is a fun activity as long as I do not let the tail wag the dog.

:punk:

Edited by ssculptor