Fokker DR-1 Triplane

ruzlkampf

Thanks All; Except for the pilot and some oil stains,...I'm going to stick a fork in this and call it done. Hopefully get pilots by next weekend? B) WOW, that is THE best WW1 print I've ever seen Derek! I'm on a quest to get one of those. That is superb....I thought it was a photo at first. Very atmospheric, and the artist actually got Jacobs facial features perfectly.

Okay, ran into a stone wall whilst putting the top wing on earlier today. ;) There are no horizontal stab braces underneath the fuse supplied with the hobbycraft kit, but those were no big whup to get installed. This 'easy build' took a nose-dive and augered in when I discovered the rear braces for the top wing were about 3mm too short. Gave it about a +25-degree angle of attack. BLAST!

Here's the fix; new white styrene braces.

post-4413-1254133700.jpg

Yaaaahooooo! :D I was going to show pics of the completed Roden triplane cockpit tonight, but I couldn't resist playing with these new PJ Productions pilots. Can't say enough good things about this company,....excellent service and quality of products! You guys rock!!!!

Have to wait for this pilot to dry before putting some washes on him, but I had to show ya'll. Note to self; wait until you HAVE the pilot before putting the fuse 1/2's together,....expecially a dinky WW1 model. :D Check this dude out. Might just have to put a scarf on this knuckle-head? heh heh.

post-4413-1254314930.jpg

post-4413-1254314949.jpg

I'm modifying my next pilot to have a scarf wrapped around the bottom 1/2 of his face. These guys are too cool, high;y recommended.

post-4413-1254315114.jpg

In a hurry again tonight, so I gotta scram. One more for the road. Almost done with this build now, just a few more details! :D See ya! Russ

post-4413-1254315220.jpg