R.I.P Ruzlkampf (Russ Camp) - You will be missed

MiaKonnect

I've only just learnt of Russ's passing on, and like all before I'm speachless - rest in peace and sincere condolences to his family and friends.

54 yrs old just much too young and too close to home for comfort. Of all the LSP builds I've flagged as favorites to follow or refer back to, build's by Russ represent over half of them!

Brent

This is the second time in as many months I have found out someone I knew has passed away, several weeks prior. We should not have to be saying goodbye to fine folks for decades, at least. Goodbye, Russ, and thanks for the good times here on LSP.

David Reinecke

I have been away from the forum for much longer than I would have like to and when I finaly got logged in, I just can not belive what I saw. I can not belive the terrible news that you, my dear buddy, passed away over a month ago. Makes me realise I may have not been the best friend on Earth lately. I am 35 and I did cry like a kid.

So many people have already explained what a great person you were Russ as well as a brilliant modeller by the way... that I can not think about anything else to add right now. I have had such great time sharing GB activities with you which allong the way did built up nice "cyber-friendship" based on mutual support, sharing stuffs or unsane ideas and projects as well as a "friendly competition" sometime, trying to push each other little further everytime for fun and entertainment. In many ways, I think you will long (if not always) remain the "GB guru" here.

I now think about some unsane ideas we shared over those years, discussing and sometime planning some build project that would have possibly led us straight to the nearest mental hospital if anyone knew but at the end, you were the one and only able to turn some of those into plastic reality. As you used to say, you were certainly the man, the myth and possibly the legend my friend.

Tonight, I am sad from the deepest of my heart and I wish we one day had a chance to meet eachother in flech, sharing a beer or one of your favourite milkshake talking about modelling LSPs, racers or VWs. I will miss you so much dude.

Your friend,

Loic