The End of Hard Shots

PietvWdV

Piet, do you use any lighting from below as well, cause i can't make it out on the picture, but looking at the "Schmitt" it appears that way??

hth :D

Jack.

Ah so...I thought it looked like that but couldn't quite make it out from the lights on piccie. Thanks man and thanks for the offer on the Mirage decals.

I added some bits n pieces after the pic.

Hehe...now we'll see if I can wire it all up without electrocuting myself. Mind you I'll be cleaning up the polystyrene foam my little girls chipped into 5 billion piceces and spread over the front yard whilst I was working... they had fun :D

thanks for the piccies mate ;) Matty

Nice Piet...Do the lights go dim in the rest of the house when you fire that baby?

Not yet :D , but I do keep a foam powered fire extinguisher between my legs, and my vintage sealed box Barbie doll collection on a trolley.

Jack. If you look at the previous pix, you'll see that the platform the kit sits on is raised, so the lights can hit it from side on and a little below also. A lot of it is also reflection from the blue base. A black base reflects less than blue for example. A white base would be a riot!

Matt: Good luck. Get the industrial type wire from the Hardware store. It's the kind where the copper insides are solid. It's safer this way, and also allows you to "pose" the cable.

Not yet :D , but I do keep a foam powered fire extinguisher between my legs, and my vintage sealed box Barbie doll collection on a trolley.

Ahh man, not too many people can make me laugh out loud like I just did Piet...

Mostly cos I could literally see you rolling a trolley full of barbies out of the house yelling at the wife and kids to "NOT TOUCH!" haahaa

Nice job though matey, nothing like a bit of South African/Australian ingenuity...now back to the zero

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Piet;

If you want to make the light perfect add Aluminium foil to the areas that surround the lightfittings. This will further reflect the light and add more balance. and you are right. White is the way to go for a background. It will eliminate the blue reflection, and when you start editing with the photosuite, it will make colour balancing alot easier.

That is one serious photobox mate, and I am very jealous!

Cheers mate,

Jay

White is the way to go for a background. It will eliminate the blue reflection, and when you start editing with the photosuite, it will make colour balancing alot easier.

T

When you say white Jay do you mean the curtains only or also the blue carboard?

All white then? :) Unsure

cheers Matty

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Matty;

The backdrop is what I meant. The only real drawback to using a white backdrop is keeping it clean!

When it comes to the curtains white is defintely the only option.

Cheers mate,

Jay