Kittyhawk 1/32 F-5E Aggressor 106 red VFC-111 Update 11/05

kikka

okay ! here is the latest update :

it took me a bit more than i thought . since i actually had to glue , putty , sand et rescribe/rerivet the fuselage before moving to the gears and bays .

RR7H64.jpg

the fuse doors are closed so nothing is done to the fuse bays . but it only means more had to be done to the wing ones :

qIoThu.jpg
JPt0Rx.jpg
qSmGAT.jpg

The kit is quite decent , since PE is included . but you cant cure crazy so i added a few bits and redid some mismolded parts .

I had to drill the legs and wing to install a rod . the OOB leg to bay link is incredibly weak . 

KtqrX2.jpg

good enough for me ! 

now i shall take a break and enjoy the sunny weather !

See ya soon(ish)

Kikka(Jean)

Edited by kikka

hi

very nice job so far , the fit looks quite good , I like the details you added into the gear bays , as well into the cockpit . The rear area behind the headrest could .... need some extra details , I think of the wires between the two pulleys , and some stuffs here and there ( take look at  closer pictures ) , but it looks real nice , and busy as it is .. keep on going !!!

Alain  

is there another way than gluing the gear legs so early , it would be easier to achieve the paint job without them .... 

Edited by alain11

Great work on the build! It appears the tail is warped a bit to the left based on the last pic.

I have several of the Hasegawa kits, but I'll have to get this kit as well.

Mike

Edited by Dragon

is there another way than gluing the gear legs so early , it would be easier to achieve the paint job without them .... 

yes , the legs are not glued . they are held by a removable rod .see last picture

Great work on the build! It appears the tail is warped a bit to the left based on the last pic.

I have several of the Hasegawa kits, but I'll have to get this kit as well.

Mike

the tail is not glued to the fuselage . i also checked and it is straight . might be the picture ?

How do the intakes look? That's an area KH has neglected on other kits, hopefully there are nice intake trunks on this one

Matt 

looks decent . since there is nothing behind the intake i will put some covers made from evergreen . same for the nasty looking exhausts 

Your painted cannon looks really excellent. :popcorn:

thanks , you are too kind . its just mr color buffable steel 

no update yet , been a bit too busy so its still in the painting stage .

but dont worry ,little by little its coming along nicely !

i have been working on some other bits while it dries .