1/35 Miniart FL 282 V-6 Kolibri

Wackyracer

Great subject, will follow with interest  :m0152:   

Cheers

Martin

That's a great video (if a bit long). A couple of things in there for me

I love the landing line that the pilot drops so he can be pulled down to the deck. 

I wonder who the film was made for? Adolf was famously a technophile, there is a lot of storytelling in that film

Richard

Looking really nice - the chipping effect comes out well - I will be gettign one of these kits now that I see how interesting the subject matter is! It is also the perfect size as I have almost no more space to display anything!

Cheers

Alan

I think you'll really like it Alan. The fit is almost perfect so far and the detail very high for injection moulds. I'm really enjoying the build more and more the further I get into it.

Very nice work! The chipping effect worked out great.

I wonder, does this kit bear any relation to the one a member here build using 3D printer technology? I'm not sure, but looking at the details and the breakup of parts, there seams to be some relation?

Very nice work! The chipping effect worked out great.

I wonder, does this kit bear any relation to the one a member here build using 3D printer technology? I'm not sure, but looking at the details and the breakup of parts, there seams to be some relation?

Yes, in fact it does! Nick's 3D designs were used as the digital masters for this kit.

Kev

Engine panels built up. Little bit of pe in the kit adds that bit of bling

a6kh0qT.jpg

And painted chipped and added

m2AZCwH.jpg

Again with the kit being all tubes and rods I was a bit concerned about the fit but they went on with minimal issues. I did deviate from the instructions though and built the top section as one rather than in panels as I could see issues aligning the joins.

h2OJovQ.jpg

And close up of the pe plates.

SbCOlS5.jpg

pL1kK5h.jpg

The only down side of this the engine is now completely hidden! I wish I'd left one of the side panels in an open position, but hey ho.

I believe they were Tail-sitters in real life, until a "dude" jumped in... Looks that way in the photo's I've seen.

No, they were not tail-sitters. The front part of fuselage was constructed from truss-type welded steel tube and rear part (behind non-retractable undercarriage) was made of plywood covered with doped fabric. Heavy front part VS lightweight rear part. You need to try to make it flip.

IMAGE_0012.jpg

2975-27.jpg

That's a great video (if a bit long). A couple of things in there for me

Thanks and glad you liked (since it is hosted to my channel on YouTube). One more is also interesting to watch HERE, showing flight tests performed by USAAF pilots on the V23 captured Kolibri.

Hmmmmmm.... :whistle:

IMAGE_0129.gif

Edited by Nick_Karatzides

Beautiful details on this build.

As before so many parts but to be fair they all fit together well.

The fit is almost perfect so far and the detail very high for injection moulds. I'm really enjoying the build more and more the further I get into it.

@ Wackyracer, so happy to hear these words.

Hoping it's not too late to fix, may I add a friendly comment on your build? The chipped areas showing aluminum underneath, were actualy fabric only OR plywood covered with fabric, so its not quite right to look like chipped metal surfaces. IMHO, if you like to replicate weathering, fading the fabric (by painting diffent shades of basic paint eg sample HERE or HERE) could be considered as realistic or artistic accepted, but chipping basic paint and showing aluminum metal underneath... maybe is not good idea. Just my humble opinion.

m2AZCwH.jpg

Plus, as long as you like to be accurate, the Kolibri V6 version with registration GF-YF (this is the one you build, right?) was painted with Kriegsmarine's medium grey camo (possibly the metal frame tubing could be painted aluminum) when used by Kriegsmarine for extensive tests aboard the Kriegsmarine's minelayer “Drach†(“Schiff 50â€, ex-Yugoslavian “Zmajâ€) while operating in Aegean Sea, north of Crete, Greece. As a final note, do not follow MiniArt recomendation (as pictured on box) for the green stripe on grey camo. The V6 (as far as we know, unless some new data appear) had never this green stripe until the May 10th 1943, when it run out of fuel, crashed in sea (35 nm NE from Christlansoya island), killing pilot Hauptmann (Luftwaffe Captain) Klaus von Winterfeldt.

IMAGE_0039.jpg

PS. Special tip. The rudder pedals, were painted green.

IMAGE_0017.jpg

IMAGE_0016.jpg

Edited by Nick_Karatzides