Fisher Bugatti 100P 1/24

dora9

Man, that looks terrific

Varnish wood is nice on a ChrisCraft boat, not an aircraft IMHO! Except old WWI bipes of course!

After reading up on the prototype, and what it may have looked like at the very first race, I actually think Im going to go full NMF/foil and natural wood in mine. I think the wood, foil and bright blue will look a treat actually.

IIRC, the EAA based 100P is also natural aluminum and wood. 

That will look awesome!

In one of the first restauration attempt, the aircraft interior was painted grey, I imagine as a mesure to prevent the wood from decaying. The other racers back in those days, like the Caudron, had their interior painted either grey or black to reduce the glare, that's the line I will follow. You don't want any distraction when you're racing! When the museum restored the aircraft, they went for a wood and varnish finish, with polished alu panels for the drive shaft tunnels, wich make sense if we follow Bugatti line of thought for his cars.

Nothing beat the look of varnish wood, it's so classy!

Cheers

Edited by dora9

That will look awesome!

In one of the first restauration attempt, the aircraft interior was painted grey, I imagine as a mesure to prevent the wood from decaying. The other racers back in those days, like the Caudron, had their interior painted either grey or black to reduce the glare, that's the line I will follow. You don't want any distraction when you're racing! When the museum restored the aircraft, they went for a wood and varnish finish, with polished alu panels for the drive shaft tunnels, witch make sense if we follow Bugatti line of thought for his cars.

Nothing beat the look of varnish wood, it's so classy!

Cheers

I think the instruction say something about a black IP? Or maybe black IP bezels?   I seem to recall the one in Osh-Kosh having not just wood, but paint somewhere on the IP too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if I took so long, I was caught in other projects.

So small update, I shooted a first coat of blue. I stole it from the car guys! It's Zero Paint and the blue I used was for the Williams FW14B. Too bad we can't get some now due to high cost of shipping.

HY8UI8oh.jpg

So a coat of clear to seal the paint, but first some polishing with 8000 and 12000 grit sand paper and I think that will be it for the blue!

Stay tuned!

Love that art-deco style, with all those flowing lines and curves, too bad it did not race! Imagine the scene Bugatti, Caudron and all the like in the sky at the same time!

Guest Peterpools

Andre

Awesome progress and some mighty finer paint work. The Bugatti is looking mighty good

I have a few bottles of Zero Lacquer paints in the stash and haven't played with them yet - especially becoming a Mr Color Guy. I think I bought the last of set of Zero :Williams FW18B paints from Matt at Hobbyworld.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter

Those Zero Paint are amazing, but be sure that your primer is compatible with them or else it will act as a good paint striper!

Cheers

Edited by dora9

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Andre for the information and advice

I bought them for a future F1 Williams FW-14B build I've been thinking about. I've read and watched a lot of videos on them and my brother has tested the Zero paints. Except for the F1 Williams project, just can't see using Zero paints as finding the correct colors for a F1 build is a nightmare.

Peter

Like this one? Body work is done now for all the little thingies that go under it! Done with Zero Paint. Tamiya 1/12 scale.

1FmUnokl.jpg

Cheers

Edited by dora9

Guest Peterpools

Andre:

Exactly and awesome. I was still deciding between the 1/20 and 1/12th scale kits. Biggest problem: just running out of bench time :(

Peter