A6M 2 Lt Junichi Sasie

spacewolf

While making the well I had to keep in mid how the wing root area would be impacted by it. I'm not surprised that a lot of model manufacturers fudge this area, the fit is very close and plastic thickness is at times almost paper thin. The root area has to be trimmed away on the fuselage as well.

post-2514-1259229427.jpg

The area at the front of the wing root will have to be thinned as well.

post-2514-1259229444.jpg

Vaughn,

Man O Man it just gets better with each excellent update! If the Olympics included moodel building I surely think I see GOLD.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Thanks Gregory, glad I can keep you on the edge of your seat ! :lol: I do accept gold.. feel free to send all you want !

Cheers

Vaughn

Sorry for the long gap in progress, work and life continues to screw up my quality time with plastic ! Ok, back to gluing little bits of plastic to bigger pieces of plastic. I searched high and low for pics of the landing gear leg wells... ya think I could find anything ? nope ! Lotsa pics of the wheel wells and partials of the rear wall but nothing clear and nothing at all of the forward wall.... so I'll do the best I can.

First thing was to make one part that fit and looked right. A strip of sheet notched to fit under the 'skin' edges was made and once trimmed to fit the leg opening was carved out, then the two lightening holes.

post-2514-1259734577.jpg

post-2514-1259734591.jpg

The air intake for the cockpit is a square tube that runs from the right wing, the opening was started with a pin vise and carefully squared up with a # 11 blade and a file, then a strip of plastic glued into the leg well to represent the duct.

post-2514-1259739902.jpg

post-2514-1259739913.jpg