HK Lancaster.

Phartycr0c

Convert your bedroom and sleep on your couch.

If I was still single, that would have been an easy option.

I'm married now and my wife would certainly object to this. She did suggest that we get a new coffee table that can display my two HK B-25s in the living room once they're done so it's not like she's against displaying models.

Carl

If I was still single, that would have been an easy option.

I'm married now and my wife would certainly object to this. She did suggest that we get a new coffee table that can display my two HK B-25s in the living room once they're done so it's not like she's against displaying models.

Carl

What might she say to a new dining room table with a Lancaster centerpiece?

With the size you get used to it, my house has large scale railway coaches here and there, you can always find somewhere and I'd never trade down a scale, bigger is so much more realistic. A couple of years ago I saw the HKM B17 made up very nicely at Telford and when I saw that, it felt very 'real' in comparison to the other models.

Graham

Graham, this is looking really awesome and I will definitely build a Dambuster. Thank you for putting this conversion out. I read Dam Busters from James Holland earlier this year as part of my "preparation" for the HK Lancaster and the courage and fortitude showed by the crews (and many did not return) is incredible and inspiring. James Holland also does a good job explaining all the intra-service politics leading to the raid, the trials and training and putting the raid in perspective. I would also want to have a regular Lancaster besides the Dambuster, but I will start with the Dambuster.

If it comes on time for Christmas, that would be perfect.

Cheers,

David 

I've proposed to my wife that we consider a move to the USA where the houses are bigger so I can buy one of these and actually have somewhere to put it. The company she works for has been taken over by an American company so she joked that a long trip may be on the cards (although no mention of me going!).

Steve.

Little bits at a time, Steve. Little bits and eventually England will be the 51st state.  Been working on that for a couple hundred years.  Won't be much longer now :)

A few shots of the master parts that have been CNC machined out for the Dambusters conversion kit.

Graham.

Will there be anymore like the 'Grand Slam' or 'Tall Boy' or whatever they're called?  Maybe a different version of the Lancaster all together.