Annual WNW Christmas kit speculation

LSP_K2

Dean, that B.ll looks incredible. It has woodgrain decals and uncovered wire wheels included.

Yes, it looks great, the usual WNW standards.

But I've just counted & I've got 51 WNW kits as it is, plus over 100 other 1/32 kits.

If I build 1 WNW kit every 3 months, that's 4 a year - 51 will last almost 13 years. That's before I crack open the rest - 180 odd will take 45 years, plus I've the Ju388 J, PZL, Kingfisher, Tamiya Mossie, etc either on order or on the way on a slow boat from China.

Really, I need to do less buying & more building. I just can't justify adding yet more to a stash that's already lost all semblance of control! 

OK, We no longer need this particular string. Now we know.

I just ordered the Albatros B11.

I am thinking now that maybe i should have waited until January. The kit will have to get pass the sticky fingered temporary postal workers in Queens , NY before it gets to me. So far they have crushed one kit and lost (stolen?) another that WNW sent to me.

Oh well. Sooner or later I'll get it.

Stephen

I must say that I was rather surprised to see the B.II, but also rather pleased, as I have no real interest in this aircraft or the other one just released. Now, if the Fokker D.VII (Alb.) will just stay available for a few months so that I might get one,...

$119 equates to not far off £100 when VAT is added - with the threat of delivery charges floating around in the background. 

And that's with a reasonably strong Sterling.

To me, this makes them expensive kits - more so than Tamiya, which usually come in at the £75-£90 mark for WWII era kits (except twin engined Mossies, of course). You also need to add rigging & turn-buckles of whatever description.

They are a lot smaller than your typical WWII Tamiya kit, with a smaller part-count - less plastic all round.

I appreciate that is not the whole picture, but is there a concern that the $119 price point will see Wingnut Wings kits maintain their excellent quality reputation, but perhaps may no longer be seen as unquestionably good value, especially when delivery charges start? 

• 2 weeks later...