Ju 88 A-1, pictures from my model in the works

Wurzacher

Guttorm,

thank you VERY much for your words! They mean a lot for me!!! My Junkers would not be 10% as good without your cracking good material and explanations on the real plane! But i am in doubt it will be a "winner", for there are so many better modelers around here. But if in the end i like it, and maybe you, i´ll be happy! Thanks, man!

Never had the Flypast magazin in hands. Do you mean the current issue october 2009?

Jerry, this is Guttorm´s picture from which i took the bracket of the Fernkompass:

post-3756-1251835856.jpg

That should turn out to be a beautifull model.

Lately I've been studying the shine and wear on real materials (such as on the landing gears of WW2 fighters)

and I don't think the normal (most common) painting techniques come closest.

Yours does actually. The shine is very realistic and the weathering not over the top.

Keep up the great work!

Kind regards,

Jeroen

your model looks great :unsure: and the compass looks great ( and do not overpaint the golden fairings on your landing wheels ) they are just as they should be ;) on some models you will see some "holes" in the undercarriage legs where that golden fairing is..but as on the R-1 in in England they have lost the covers over the years and that have turned out wrong in some paitings, drawings and models )

keep up the good work

and by lypast i mean the one released today :) a nice article on the 88 and also some pics of our He 111 and Ju 52 :)

The communications wall on the back side of the cockpit. It is a little bit grainy because of the magnification. No more words...

post-3756-1251786477.jpg

Those radio panels are in RLM02 on my sheet, and not the same colour as the remainder of the colour photo etch. The difference is really plain to see.

Am I imagining this, or are your also a lighter shade than the other interior parts on the other frets?

Those radio panels are in RLM02 on my sheet, and not the same colour as the remainder of the colour photo etch. The difference is really plain to see.

Am I imagining this, or are your also a lighter shade than the other interior parts on the other frets?

James, you are right. Eduard made the placards too bright to be RLM 66 in my opinion. I was disappointed when i first compared them to Gunze´s RLM 66. But for i planned to lighten up my RLM 66 for this cockpit in 1/32 scale this was not too problematic. I airbrushed my cockpit with Gunze H305, and the discrepancy between Eduard´s placards and H305 will nearly disappear when the cockpit is washed, drybrushed and matted down. Then it will be closed under the canopy parts, so i think there will be no problem.

Anyhow i do not understand why Eduard wasn´t able to choose a more realistic conversion for RLM 66. Maybe because there was some kind of discussion whether Ju 88 cockpits in the early days have been finished in RLM 02 or RLM 66. Thanks to Guttorm we know exactly!

Guttorm, i ordered the Flypast magazine today! :P

keep up the good work pal :P

and i hope Eduards will contact me in the future if they are planning anu more updates B) as i am sure i can help !

and i think you are doing a great job. the Eduards cockpit is a bit to light but as you say it wont show after some matting and washing :) and still..we have a GREAT ju 88 model on the marked now compared to the old types in 1:48. so i am really pleased with it now matter what some has to say about some minor details. hope you are enjoying your build just as much as i do B)

GF

• 2 weeks later...

Update september 10th, 2009

Thank you all. Makes fun again, after some time i thought i´ll never get finished with all these Eduard color PE and the details in the cockpit... Now, some more little steps towards a finished model. At least some day... :blink:

post-3756-1252607864.jpg

This is the visor painted, pin washed with Mig Dark Wash, and dry brushed. Looks much brighter here as in reality. The two glasses still have to be added.