Revell 1/350 Tirpitz

Guest DannyVM

Cool!  Gonna watch.  BTW...  Walls on a naval vessel are called bulkheads.

I was in the USMC, and because of our naval tradition we used phrases like:  bulkhead for wall.  Overhead for ceiling.  And my favorite one:  Gear adrift...  for anything left lying around.

Now I wonder how many I've forgotten.

Cheers,

Gaz

Cool!  Gonna watch.  BTW...  Walls on a naval vessel are called bulkheads.

Thank's Gaz, in my strangled mind i could'nt get directly come to the right word's.......blame it on the glue.... :whistle:  :whistle:  :whistle:

I was in the USMC, and because of our naval tradition we used phrases like:  bulkhead for wall.  Overhead for ceiling.  And my favorite one:  Gear adrift...  for anything left lying around.

Nice to know mate. :speak_cool:  I know starboard is left and a stern is right, looking in the direction of the front (bow)

Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:41 AM

Chalk me up to follow,

I have this kit languishing for some day and it will also be my first ship kit. 

Regards, 

It's a great kit. Once you have it it's no problem, because these kit's are very quick oop. That way i missed the previous release, the Bismark.

Greetz

Danny

Edited by DannyVM

The profile of the bow looks a little off for Tirpitz - it looks more like the profile of the Bismarck that had a more concave shape and a shorter length over the waterline.  Tirpitz was slighty more vertical (i.e. longer over the waterline) and not as curved.  Started modifying the Tamiya kit, and from memory the difference would be around 5 mm in 1:350.

Jens

The profile of the bow looks a little off for Tirpitz - it looks more like the profile of the Bismarck that had a more concave shape and a shorter length over the waterline.  Tirpitz was slighty more vertical (i.e. longer over the waterline) and not as curved.  Started modifying the Tamiya kit, and from memory the difference would be around 5 mm in 1:350.

Jens

Could be, i'm not into ship's to know the difference so i leave it like it is. My knowledge is to limited for that.

Greetz

Danny

Guest Maxim

NIce ! I like the Tirpitz and look forward to following your build. What camo scheme you thinking of? It's a good buy with the photo etch. The etch was done by Pontos for Revell so is very good quality.

I have a 1/200 Bismarck that is about 50% along being modified as a Tirpitz

NIce ! I like the Tirpitz and look forward to following your build. What camo scheme you thinking of? It's a good buy with the photo etch. The etch was done by Pontos for Revell so is very good quality.

I have a 1/200 Bismarck that is about 50% along being modified as a Tirpitz

Nice to see that you hop onto the wagon Maxim. :thumbsup:

There are two different camo scheme's to chose from, in my opinion they both look like each other, but they are very stunning ones. Both are splinter camo, not an easy task to apply, but sure a spectacular one.

If you compare the price-quality of the kit, i think you got a very good deal, i payed 160€ so not allot of money for what's inside the box.

For now, the build go's between my progress of the German Starfighter, so stay tuned for more.

Greetz

Danny