• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:56 AM

Often, when I post here, my wife is just the one who rolls her eyes when a new kit or supply arrives in the mail or courier.  The one who asks if I really need another model.  Or the one who spends $300 and five hours getting her hair done.

I really don't praise her enough.

Quite often when I'm down on my knees she'll put on her glasses and join me hunting for some 'highly significant', yet tiny piece of styrene.

But today, while she was napping I spent a couple hours searching for three tiny pieces of Eduard PE.  I had lost two belt buckles and 1 ammo can latch for my Roden Albatross.

Eventually I gave up and started making dinner...  Boiled Silverside, for the curious.

Anyway, after she woke and had a coffee I poured out my sense of loss about the ammo can lid.  While I continued making dinner, she found all three pieces in under 15 minutes!

So...

I just wanna share some praise of my lovely wife.  She's always helped me when I couldn't find a part.

I'm very blessed.

Gaz

• alaninaustria, spacewolf, kalashnikov-47 and 9 others like this

​We don't have social skills.  We build models.

#2 BradG

BradG

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

Ah, you had what an old work colleague of mine called, a 'man look'. That's where we open up something, look in and then say "I can't find it", necessitating a women come over and find what we are looking for.  lol

• Rick Griewski, BiggTim and Gazzas like this

#3 BiggTim

BiggTim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:11 AM

Ah, you had what an old work colleague of mine called, a 'man look'. That's where we open up something, look in and then say "I can't find it", necessitating a women come over and find what we are looking for. lol

That's the kind of look I give it whenever she asks me to get something from her purse. Lately I just give her the whole purse.

Sounds like you found a good one, Gaz!
  • Gazzas and Cheetah11 like this

In progress: 1/32 Trumpy P-38L (very slowly), and some others.....

Completed in 2017: Trumpeter Bf109E-4, 1/16 Waffen SS figure

Previous Completions: Hasegawa F6F-3 Hellcat, Hase Me-163 Jagerfaust , 1/16 Fokker DVII Scratchbuilt Wooden Skeleton

#4 Gerhard

Gerhard

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:40 AM

Have to agree, when I cant find the parts I put in a "safe place", I call the wife and lament over my loss. She just sighs, scratches around and presto, parts appear out of thin air. No damn clue how they do it. 

• Gazzas likes this

#5 ssculptor

ssculptor

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

My wife does the same thing with my missing parts. I do not know how they do it. They have better eyes than we men have, I guess.

:thumbsup:

• Gazzas and Gigant like this
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows!
Nyah hah hah hah hah.

#6 Jeff

Jeff

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Gaz............... my Cathy does the same thing, I'm usually fuming and cursing and all that good stuff, she comes in and in about 5 seconds finds the bit and then asks what the issue was....... then I feel like such a dope..... ah the joys of model building.....  also when I mess something up I am usually growling and grimacing, she says that modelling is supposed to be relaxing....... I then tell her it is very relaxing....... she walks away shaking her head......and sorry to be so thick, but as I am a guy who loves to cook, can I ask what boiled Silverside is?? Fish I would guess, and what is your recipe?? Oh geez, have we gone from model building to 'Top Chef" ??  LOL

• Gazzas likes this

#7 Shawn M

Shawn M

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:31 PM

my wife as well is an amazing dropped part finder

• Gazzas likes this

I dont suffer from AMS, I revell in it..get it...Revell

#8 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Boiled silverside? I used to roast it with spuds and yorkshire pudding but became pescatarian last year - now have to have smoked mackerel to enjoy creamed horseradish.

Found one of my wife's dinky knitting loops today so have part-addressed my usual deficit.

Tony
  • Gazzas likes this
Finally spraying again

#9 Gigant

Gigant

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

My wife does the same thing with my missing parts. I do not know how they do it. They have better eyes than we men have, I guess.

:thumbsup:

My Father's mother who raised me gave me this explanation:

We men tend to get a fixation on where the lost object "has to be", so we tend not to "Look outside the box" (area where we think it must be confined to), whereas our wives, by being female, do not have the investment of suffering from our typical male self-imposed disability, so they are not inhibited in looking where we men would not.

In watching my wife at work, that is what I have experienced, and it works for me as well.

My wife has kindly told me that other male members of her family suffered from the same disability. :hmmm:

Edited by Gigant, 21 January 2018 - 05:56 PM.

• Gazzas likes this

:innocent: Tom

My photo album: https://www.flickr.c...1984@N04/albums

#10 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

Gaz............... my Cathy does the same thing, I'm usually fuming and cursing and all that good stuff, she comes in and in about 5 seconds finds the bit and then asks what the issue was....... then I feel like such a dope..... ah the joys of model building.....  also when I mess something up I am usually growling and grimacing, she says that modelling is supposed to be relaxing....... I then tell her it is very relaxing....... she walks away shaking her head......and sorry to be so thick, but as I am a guy who loves to cook, can I ask what boiled Silverside is?? Fish I would guess, and what is your recipe?? Oh geez, have we gone from model building to 'Top Chef" ??  LOL

HI Jeff,

Boiled silverside is like American corned beef.  It's a roast sized chunk of beef, usually pretty lean, that's been soaked in a brine.  Just rinse all of the brine off, bring to a boil, simmer it for 1/2 hour per 500grams, throw in some carrots and an onion, and maybe a bay leaf for an hour, let it rest in the broth for 15 minutes, and slice thin.  Any scum appears at the top of the water skim off with a spoon while cooking...should only have to do that shortly after it comes to a boil.  Easy peasy.

But...  If you want some really delicious gravy, roast it in the oven uncovered at 180c.  Just keep the broth in the pan from drying out and burning.  Make the gravy as normal just add pepper, a teasp of garlic, oyster, or fish sauce (these enrich the flavor, you won't taste them).  Don't add salt as the meat will give plenty of salt.

Enjoy!

Gaz

​We don't have social skills.  We build models.

#11 GusM

GusM

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:15 PM

In our family these are known as having a 'mummy look' or a 'daddy look' and you can all guess which is the more effective!
  • Gazzas likes this

#12 mmaben

mmaben

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:43 AM

She just sighs, scratches around and presto, parts appear out of thin air.

Could you ask her to put some of that in a bottle ?

angry%20faces%2013.jpg

Please ??

• Gazzas likes this

I just like airplanes

Mike                        Smirnoffcat    RomanianG-2

#13 Peterpools

Peterpools

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,759 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:41 PM

Gaz

One very lucky guy - your wife surely is gold.

Peter

• Gazzas likes this

B5WSeE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users