B-17G Little Miss Mischief

Uncarina

They are giving rides here in Los Angeles this week. A bit pricy for me but i wouldn't mind sharing a piece of history for 30 minutes flight.

I will eat soup and bread for a month if I had the chance to pay for a ride in a B-17.

Nice work filling in the window. A few rivets and you'll never notice.

Maxim,

Thanks! I actually added rivets, but the contrast isn't really enough from the angle unfortunately. I might go back and deepen some of them, however.

Cheers, Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Are you gonna build her prior to or after her refit?  I've yet to see her (in either 1/72, 1/48 or 1/32) modeled prior to her refit.  I did one in 1/48 many years ago.  It was subsequently destroyed in a move and I never did another.  If HK does an early G, I may consider doing her in that condition.  If you are planning on doing it before her refit, you'll definitely need that original tail turret.

Edited by Juggernut

Thanks! I can use all of the period reference photos I can get. I am planning to build her after the refit, since it really makes her distinctive, and gives me an opportunity to weather both bare metal and the camouflage finishes. I am planning to start the cockpit next, and will be looking at this pic extensively.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by Uncarina

I never knew the rear entry door was trapeziodal in shape.  I always "assumed" it was rectangular.  I gotta go find the prints on this guy and do some homework. 

Hehehe... I learn something new about the old girl every day.  She never ceases to amaze me.

Edited by Juggernut

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Nice start on a  project that surely will be  adventure for all of us to follow, learn from and enjoy.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Here's a shot of the front office of the B-17G.  You'll note that the flooring immediately in front of the instrument panel is bare metal.  This is the normal state of this part of the flooring.

BI21960.jpg

Here are a few more factory photos that may be useful, good luck with your build !!!

">http://UD0LCEO.jpg

">http://ulhzmuD.jpg