HKM To Re release the B-17G

Guest Maxim

Yea, it's more about me being impatient.  Like I don't have 250+ other kits to chose from. :frantic:   :whistle:    Okay, I'll sit down, shut up and be patient.... :rolleyes:

Unless you plan on putting it on the bench as soon as you get it................otherwise, if its just going to be received and put in the stash, (as in most all of the "must have" kits I just have to have ASAP :lol: ) should probably let life shake out for him. Besides, it may end up being significantly cheaper than the re-release too. 

I like the way you think.

If the SWMBO doesnt want it, sneak it in the house with the notion its going to be a "commission build" for someone...................yadda, yadda, yadda, time passes and you finish the model, but...................UH OH!  The customer no longer has the financial means to buy the model now that its finished.  What to do, what to do............

Well, guess you have to keep it and find a way to display it!  :lol:

Guest Clunkmeister

In theory, if a man gives you his word.....

No theory about it, it should be the only rule that matters.

As to the kit, what I see is:

Those contemplating purchasing the $800.00 eBay kits to be relieved,

Those who purchased the $800.00 eBay kits to be sad or upset,

Those those selling the $800.00 eBay kits to be hopping mad.

But  for those who missed the first one, (and there are a few), this is a great opportunity.

I know you can build the early G or a late F from the G kit plus a couple sprues from the F kit obtained off eBay, but a dedicated 'early G' would be extremely nice. Even I, someone who's not really a fan of the B-17 would have to have.

Who are these women some of you married? Did I get lucky or what? I don't have to discuss any model I buy unless it's Christmas or my birthday, and that's only so she can buy me one. And display? I figure that out after it's built.

I have often wondered this very same question - and, further, WHY would you marry someone who does not allow you to be you? That's not a good marriage no matter what way you slice it and dice it. My hobbies come with me as a person, who I am and what I am. End of that discussion in regards to anyone - be it wife, S.O., parents, In-laws, friends, etc.

BTW - I haven't seen anyone mention this in this thread - but the HK B-17's come with a wall mount. You can hang your model on the wall via the bomb bay.

BTW - I haven't seen anyone mention this in this thread - but the HK B-17's come with a wall mount. You can hang your model on the wall via the bomb bay.

Wow, really?  Thats a pretty cool idea to come OOB. Is the mount, to hang down vertically, or does it give you an option to mount it semi-horizontally?  I would assume the former, as it would likely take a hella sturdy and large curved mount to the wall to display sorta kinda horizontally. 

Thats actually an idea..............   :hmmm:

If my stash shelves were empty, wife wouldn't say a word.  But when she sees 250+ kits in the basement, she would rather see the money sitting in the account. Can't really blame her since hoarding really does run in my family.  She has witnessed my mother buying 3-4 Kitchen Aid mixers, 4-5 food processors, 4 air fryers, several sets of china, serving bowls and dishes that she cannot pick up they are so heavy and not to mention she's in assisted living, so nothing to even serve!

She just doesn't understand that little detail that a kit sold today might not be available next year and I will be retiring one day. All she sees is my behavior patterns imitating my Mother.

Now I'm logging off and heading home before she gets there and finds that 31" long 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea kit sitting on the front porch.

Oh, and did I mention all of my tools??   Not only automotive related, but lots of woodworking stuff too.

Right. because no women need more that a couple pair of shoes, and /or purses. Hey, to each their own.

We've been cleaning out the basement this summer, and going through boxes my wife said, "Do I really buy this many purses? Some of these I never even used."

Wow, really?  Thats a pretty cool idea to come OOB. Is the mount, to hang down vertically, or does it give you an option to mount it semi-horizontally?  I would assume the former, as it would likely take a hella sturdy and large curved mount to the wall to display sorta kinda horizontally. 

Thats actually an idea..............   :hmmm:

It only hangs vertically through an attachment system designed into the bomb bay front and rear bulkheads, you've really got to pay attention to the instructions to build in that function, I, in my merry ignorance had a blanking plug glued into a mount hole before I realized what I'd done, too late to go back I had to plug all four mounting lugs and set it on it's wheels... you've been warned

Much difference compared to the other G version?

Cheers Matty

... though I've looked at the responses above ... I have to wonder about the modified mould for the fuse' half where the waist gunner window was moved ... amongst any other mods - surely they wouldn't have cut new moulds?

... and if they did ... why not cut the new ones for the F and leave the G's in the first place ... since they are doing a re-pop?  :hmmm:

Rog :)

Guest Maxim

... though I've looked at the responses above ... I have to wonder about the modified mould for the fuse' half where the waist gunner window was moved ... amongst any other mods - surely they wouldn't have cut new moulds?

... and if they did ... why not cut the new ones for the F and leave the G's in the first place ... since they are doing a re-pop?  :hmmm:

They did cut new molds for the F. The G molds have not been altered. The re release is the same as the first release of the B-17G. The only reason the G was not available is that HKM wanted to push the E/F version first. That info came from direct contact with HKM.

Edited by Maxim

They did cut new molds for the F including the fuselage etc. The G molds have not been altered. The re release is the same as the first release of the B-17G.

I thought the whole reason for the dodgy indent in the fuse' on the F kit was because they adjusted the G moulds?