Aus Model Expo Pics

Guest Maxim

Guest Maxim

I really liked that P-40. The more photos the better to share with the rest of the forum. Does anyone know what won what?

Guest Peterpools

Dan

Thank you for the additional photos. I akways prefer stills to video for appreciating the work on the contest tables. Stills are normally a more detailed image you can study as long as desired but most videos are a rather quick run throughs and very difficult to see the detail work that has been done.

Peter

Wow, some cool stuff there for sure.  The scratch built F-1 is pretty amazing looking. Wonder if he started with a Revell III?    I've actually seen (only on line, not in person) someone take a Revell Mirage III and scratch an F-1 out of it.    Not sure how it looked up close, but would be curious how this guy did his.

Wow, some cool stuff there for sure.  The scratch built F-1 is pretty amazing looking. Wonder if he started with a Revell III?    I've actually seen (only on line, not in person) someone take a Revell Mirage III and scratch an F-1 out of it.    Not sure how it looked up close, but would be curious how this guy did his.

I think Les mentioned that it was a combination of the Mirage III kit and the Revell MiG-29, or something like that. I'm sure Les will come along shortly to correct me! And I'm pretty sure the one you've seen before is this one Brian, as I know of no other, and it's been posted here before IIRC.

Kev

I think Les mentioned that it was a combination of the Mirage III kit and the Revell MiG-29, or something like that. I'm sure Les will come along shortly to correct me! And I'm pretty sure the one you've seen before is this one Brian, as I know of no other, and it's been posted here before IIRC.

It is!  I just didn't realize it at the time, as its the same model, he just initially painted it in a Tiger-meet scheme on-line, and I didn't realize he must have repainted it to the Kuwaiti scheme.