First WnW: Albatros D.V Komplete 11/7/18

Gazzas

Hi everyone,

Some more work on the Albatros. 

I really have to applaud you guys that can make your cockpits look so orderly and neat.  I start out with a vision then seem to run out of patience with my skill level.

Another first as I strove to rig the interior control lines.  the PE seatbelts were a nightmare, and I'm seriously thinking of finding something better...  Though I have no idea what is out there that is easy enough for me.  In the end I had to make a 'field modification' of the main harness.  Not sure about the color...  but I had to move on.

omYASr.jpg

pg0WG6.jpg

aYjGZq.jpg

Unfortunately I had to drill the holes in the aft fuselage bulkhead in-situ, so the holes came out a bit rough.  I wish I'd drilled them before I painted them.

Thanks for looking,

Gaz

Hi everyone,

Some more work on the Albatros.

I really have to applaud you guys that can make your cockpits look so orderly and neat. I start out with a vision then seem to run out of patience with my skill level.

Another first as I strove to rig the interior control lines. the PE seatbelts were a nightmare, and I'm seriously thinking of finding something better... Though I have no idea what is out there that is easy enough for me. In the end I had to make a 'field modification' of the main harness. Not sure about the color... but I had to move on.

omYASr.jpg

pg0WG6.jpg

aYjGZq.jpg

Unfortunately I had to drill the holes in the aft fuselage bulkhead in-situ, so the holes came out a bit rough. I wish I'd drilled them before I painted them.

Thanks for looking,

Gaz

Buddy nothing short of superb!

You say your cockpit is not orderly and neat you're not very correct on that in my opinion. Your cockpit looks lived in and realistic so to my eyes i think you're up there with the top bunch. For the harnesses i would suggest the HGW textile ones. I would almost never build a kit without those except if i can't get my hands on them!

Model on my friend!

Karim

Karim,

Thank you for the kind words and the recommendation!    I found that my favorite place to order parts just got a shipment of HGW belts in last month.  So, I ordered a few sets.  They really look like a great improvement over the PE belts.

Interestingly, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the belt patterns for the different German aircraft types.  For instance, the Pfalz belts seem to be more olive khaki while the Alb belts are more tan colored.  Makes me wonder how many companies in Imperial Germany were making seat belts for aircraft.

Gaz

Thanks mate!

I used Stren 2lb test monofilament.  It has a smoke green color which I've painted silver just to try to give it a white metal cable look. 

Gaz