Dewoitine D.520C-1

big matt

I'm just about done with my SBD-3 for the carrier GB so I thought I would try to do something OOB. This will be my first time on a limited run kit and it is a bit scary. I don't know the first thing about the airplane or the kit so it will be a good learning experience. I hope.

d520004.jpg

not much to it once you get past the cockpit, lots of resin though

d520005.jpg

and this pilot is just plain scary

d520007.jpg

I always liked this airplane for some reason so I will make a go of it.

Any help with references would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Well that one thing you can toss out of the window :lol: I thought the REVELL pilots were ugly :blink:

The rest of the kit looks great i`m building the same one now next to my MACCHI C200 well just started the 520

will look into this build with interest

David

Best of luck on this kit. This was my first limited run kit too, and it worked out ok. It is definately more work than a Hase or Tamy kit, but you'll be fine. Go slow and test fit a LOT.

Here is a link to an article I wrote on the build...

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/C.../d520/d520.html

And an image...

done4.jpg

Come on, that pilot is awesome! :blink: Kind of like Vincent Price, just need a really crazy mustache.

Thanks for the link to your build Chris, I am quite sure it will be referenced a lot during the coming weeks.

David, I hope I can make all the mistakes so you don't have to.

Den, yours looks great too. I think it helps to see others have successfully built this thing. I will have to do the "slaves pajamas" on the tail and cowling though. That just makes the plane for me. Now only if I can do it without screwing it up!

Matt

Hi Matt I hope you don`t make mistakes :lol: cause i`ve started on some subassemblies already :lol:

Have you chosen a colorscheme yet the vichyplanes look great

Have fun building i`ll be watching :blink:

David

Well David, hopefully your interpretation of the kit instructions is better than mine. I found a great link to a 3d program of a D520 that is really cool an seems to be a better help in locating parts positions in the fuselage. The colorscheme will be one of those Vichy planes no doubt.

Here is all I have for progress for now.

d520-1001.jpg

Matt

and this pilot is just plain scary

The pilot lost a card game after a long night of heavy drinking, and was forced to wear a large boule of country bread on top of his head, with his goggles tied to it. His look of horror was when all his buddies piled into the room to make fun of him. ;) :lol:

That '520 is going to come out a treat, methinks!

Work continues...

d520-1-1016.jpg

so far this part of the kit is coming along ok. Getting the cockpit properly positioned in the fuselage might be a bit tricky with only two hands though.

d520-1-1019.jpg

It was fun doing a cockpit in something other than interior green or rlm 66.

I am curious as to what our hero is doing with that right hand? Possibly his "boule" is too tight!

d520-1-1027.jpg

That's it for now. Thanks for looking.

Matt