LSP Kit Database needs your help!

LSP_Kevin

Thanks, Erwin. It turns out we were also missing the Safari version from the database, too, so I've added them both now. There seems to be no information about when the Swedish version was released, however. This is usually a sign that there's no date on the kit anywhere.

Kev

Thanks, Erwin. It turns out we were also missing the Safari version from the database, too, so I've added them both now. There seems to be no information about when the Swedish version was released, however. This is usually a sign that there's no date on the kit anywhere.

Kev

It seems to be a re-pop with different decals.

But I'm going to conventions for a long time,and I've never seen this boxing. Maybe just a limited mumber were made and released.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/788715-revell-4726-dornier-do-27-fpl-53

Edited by Erwin

OK, here's one for our WWI aficionados: did the Hi-Tech 1/32 Albatros D.V kit ever actually get released? It's in our database as released, but the only talk of it I can find on the web is 2 years' worth of when's it coming out? This seems to have died off some time after 2007, and by 2010, the Wingnut Wings kit was out. I suspect it never happened, and I can find no evidence that it did. But I can't find a definitive statement about it being cancelled, either.

Anyone know for sure? I'll remove it from the database if we can confirm it never came out.

Kev

I have no idea about the D.V kit, Kev, none at all.

Any idea about this one, guys?

Kev

I never heard any more about that D.V. I have a sneaky suspicion it died, especially once WNW came on the scene.

That's my feeling too, Ray. I'll give it a few more days for someone to chime in with something definitive, and then remove it from the database.

Kev

So, we've got a few unanswered questions in the queue, so perhaps it's time to offer up some low-hanging fruit. Are all of Roden's LSP kits (pretty much all WWI so far as I can tell) original? No reboxes from other manufacturers?

Surely someone knows the answer to this one!

Kev

Thanks, Thierry. I realise that the initial release is much older, but I can't pin down a definitive release date for the specific "Little Bird Night Stalkers" release,  kit no. 3527:

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/kitdb/details.php?kit=856

As I noted in my previous post, the information on the web is all over the place!

Kev

When I wrote initial release, I was refering to the release of this specific kit, not the OH-6 one.

So, we've got a few unanswered questions in the queue, so perhaps it's time to offer up some low-hanging fruit. Are all of Roden's LSP kits (pretty much all WWI so far as I can tell) original? No reboxes from other manufacturers?

Surely someone knows the answer to this one!

Kev

All their WW1 kits are original molds.

Hth

Thierry

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some additional information for the Revell Piper Super Cub "family":

Additional information for the existing entry HERE:

Kit Name: Piper PA-18 Super Cub

Kit Family: Revell Piper Super Cub

Availability: OOP

Notes: Parts depict an L-18C with early, small cowl, Continental C-90-8F engine, and military "greenhouse" windows.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

New entry information:

EarlyPA18_zpszelpybwv.jpg

Manufacturer: Revell USA

Name: Piper PA-18 Super Cub

Kit Number: 85-5483

Kit Family: Revell Super Cub

Medium: Injected (White & Clear)

Scale: 1/32

Year: 2009

Notes: Same plastic as original RoG release (04208). Flap-less wings, single fuel cell in port wing, small engine & cowl, and military "greenhouse" windows. Decals are supplied to ineffectively depict civilian style window shapes.

Markings: Civilian N83359, white with red trim. Civilian N462RL, white with blue trim. US Army L-18C 51-5339, overall yellow.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PA18Floats_zpsypppyqqp.jpg

Manufacturer: Revell-Germany

Name: Piper PA-18-150 Float Plane

Kit Number: 04698

Year: 2009

Notes: Substantially different from earlier releases. Includes new wings with flaps, two fuel cells (one in each wing) and port wing leading edge light. New, larger horizontal stabilizers. New engine, cowl, spinner and prop depicting the larger Lycoming O-320 engine. New fuselage halves and clear parts to properly depict civilian style windows.

Markings: Civil (Netherlands) PH-PDL, overall while with red trim. Civil (Switzerland) HB-PQJ, white and yellow.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

PA18Bush_zpssntcxjbm.jpg

Manufacturer: Revell-Germany

Name: Piper PA-18 With Bushwheels

Kit Number: 04890

Year: 2014

Notes: Contains the same airframe parts as the previous Float Plane version (04698). Includes wings with flaps, two fuel cells (one in each wing) and port wing leading edge light. Larger horizontal stabilizers. Large engine, cowl, spinner and prop depicting the Lycoming O-320 engine. Fuselage halves and clear parts to properly depict civilian style windows. Also includes parts for both standard landing gear and wheels, as well as new "Bush Wheels" with modified landing gear. This is the first boxing to include proper civilian style windows and standard landing gear in the box.

Markings: Alaska State Troopers N7059, Blue with white and yellow trim. Civilian N693JB, overall yellow with black 'lightening bolt'.

All images and observations are mine from this afternoon. :)

D

Edited by D Bellis

Thanks, D - mighty helpful! This info does raise a question though. If the float and bush versions have a different wing to the other releases, that normally qualifies them to be split off into a different kit family (the basic guideline is that if the wing or fuselage is new/different, then it's essentially not the same tooling anymore). So, based on your descriptions, it seems to me we need 'early' and 'revised' versions of the basic kit family to accommodate them. Does that seem right to you?

Kev

Does that seem right to you?

That is a tough call. I would have to say no, though, since the fuselage modifications were accomplished via mold inserts not modified tooling. All of the rest was accomplished though separate tooling. Revell could release any of the versions at any time, so spitting them might not work in the long run.

D