AVIA S-199 scratched and AML S-199 conversion set

Guest Martinnfb

Thank You Kevin,

here is some more progress from this morning a base for engine bearers bulges are shaping up. This is the last major component of the intricate shape of the power egg. The rest is all about detailing like rubber seals, intakes,  latches, vents and valves etc.

Cheers

M.

5YP0GWh.jpg

Thank You for the kind words and stopping by My Friend, there are few types that have some sort of sentimental value for me. That's the case of 199, as a child from " eastern block " I could not acquire a model of 109 so 199 was a substitute. Then as time was passing by , more and more information was available. I learn about the deal with young Jewish State . The  199 become a type to be proud of. Obsolete by nature, acted like a mythical David on the stream of events in 1948.

Ironically , if commies would have known about the democratic orientation of the state of Israel that might never happened .

We all lucked out back then.

-, the resin spinner on the pictures is from CIRO set, I may use it as a base for a new one.

Here are the pictures of the very  first series machines . You can notice original German underage  with angled openings  and racing camber :) the arnament was only a pair of 151 on the  nose.

Avia%20malacky.jpg

AVie%20dve%20v%20rade.jpg

Edited by Martinnfb

Exciting new project, Martin!

As for the lumps and bumps, are you using plans or templates or just the MK 1 eyeball? In any case you got impressive results.

Cheers,

Q

Exciting new project, Martin!

As for the lumps and bumps, are you using plans or templates or just the MK 1 eyeball? In any case you got impressive results.

Cheers,

Q

Hi Q, thanks for stopping by my friend, there is not exactly a precise set of drawing available yet so I am utilizing my "Czech Connection" :)

Hello Martin,

And of cource I am Right!

Cheers

Boris

thanks Boris, Go Sweden!

Fantastic job Martin! Looks awesome in every respect. Way to go my friend.

Cheers,

Wolf

Thank You for the kind words Wolf.

Very sharp work, Martin.  Enjoying this immensely.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank You Mark , the basic master should be ready this week, then I turn my focus on the Propeller .

Really it is not that hard of a conversion to do. So far he has got it right. Keep up the good work

Thank You Hacker, the only limitation of any project is lack of research material, the rest is just a kids play.

Cheers

M.