really clean???

vvwse4

A clean desk, that would be nice. I am in, will try to finish two builds.

The SPAD XIII Revell scale 1/28 and I have the Trumpeteer P38 around which is staring me in the face for almost two years now.

start-2.jpg

Just don't know about the desk thing.......

Rick.

Don't worry about cleaning the desk.

Build more shelves and then put everything from your desk on one of the shelves.

This way you will have a clean desk again and you can glance over at the shelf occasionally to make sure nothing is growing there.

Then, when your new project is done you can offload everything from your desk onto the second shelf. This will give you a clean desk again and you can start on the next project.

What to do when all your shelves are filled? Build more shelves.

Stephen

First things first. Decided too tackle the hardest one the first. I am really looking forward to the paint job, but I have got to get it together first. Adding some minor detailling to it en messed around with paint a little bit.

start001-4.jpg

start002-4.jpg

start003-4.jpg

start004-3.jpg

start005-3.jpg

I do not think that this kit is very good. I once suprised someone with it, I hope he doesn't think I hate him!!!!

Question, what is a good way for making all the wires that go in and around the wing?

Rick.

Rick,

Your SPAD is coming along nicely.Stick with it my friend,it's not that bad of a kit. Remember that the original molding of the kit is over 50 years old,so it's a little dated. With a little TLC it can be a real gem.No doubt you've got the talant and skills to do it up right.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Hi Rick,

Your SPAD is starting to look good. The wood effect is very convincing. Well done.!

I agree with Gregory, it is not a bad kit, just old. I have two in the stash.... :deadhorse:

For rigging, I suggest fishing wire. It's thin and strong, it adds strength to the model, just like the originals.

A good fishing shop has plenty of sizes in stock. Buy the thinnest sizes.

cheers,

Peter

if you use fishing line for your rigging it'll make life a lot easier. I usually drill a small pilot hole where i want the lines to go then cut a piece of line a little longer than is required. Test fit it into the holes, then when you're happy put a drop of accelorator in the hole, dip the fishing line end in some thin CA and pop it in the hole. Repeat for the top. then you can take a match, light it, blow it out (VERY IMPORTANT! LOL) and move the glowing ember back and forth under the line and the heat will tighten it right up! practice a couple of times first tho, because if you put too much tension on the string it can warp the wing.. and if you get it too hot it'll just melt. Hope that helps!

Hi Rick,

You've made quite a mess since my last inspection :D

Respect for tackling that Spad!

Good luck with the rigging!

Cheers,

Jeroen

Thanks man, that cleaning was never one of my favourits!!!

Rick.

Added the first wires, made them from fishing wire.

start006-3.jpg

start007-3.jpg

start008-3.jpg

start009-2.jpg

Saw the link in the other topic from a SPAD and I wonder would it be ok if I made this one

spad13_94-dawson.jpg

spad13_94-dawson-top_tn.jpg

Or would that not be fair too Hubert. Mods please?

Rick.

Added the first wires, made them from fishing wire.

Saw the link in the other topic from a SPAD and I wonder would it be ok if I made this one

spad13_94-dawson.jpg

spad13_94-dawson-top_tn.jpg

Or would that not be fair too Hubert. Mods please?

Rick.

Rick,

I cannot believe that you would ask permission to paint your model this scheme?

You want our permission???

You are kidding, right?

We should be grateful that you would share your good work with us.

Go for it!

By the way, that was an immediate post war scheme, wasn't it? I believe that after the war ended on 11/11/18 some of the U.S. planes were painted in wild schemes. That one sure looks good.

Stephen