Kitty Hawk 1/32 Mirage 2000-5F !!!

SharkOwl

I've had a weakness for Deltas for as long as I care to remember; F-102, F-106, B-58, Saab Viggen & Mirage 2000, with the Mirage 2000 (Greek/HAF) being right at the top of the list.

For sure...............With our F-102A (prefer the 106 for sure but like the 102 as well) and especially our record holder B-58 at the Strategic Air Command museum down the road from me, I've long had a thing for deltas too. 

The Hustler is by far and away my all time favorite bomber. 

Fairey FD.2, Mirage 5, double delta Draken etc., the usual suspects, but deffo the Deuce and Six.

Mirage 2000 is perfect.

In fact, Most of the French Cold War era jets are Goldilocks subjects for 1/32 too; not too big, not too small, but just right.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Presuming the CAD shots of the single-seater are preliminary ones, mostly looking like a C with some random -5 features, all we have to do now is waiting for a firm release date and shots of actual production sprues to be published. Can't wait to see the 2000C/-5F/-5 being released.

Edited by Ivan Ivanovich

• 3 weeks later...

So it's going to be Mirage 2000C boxing with Mirage 2000-5F boxart. Interesting...

The CAD images published on TMN aren't much different from those posted by Mr Song on facebook a few weeks ago. Still looking like a "5-ish" C-model.

Million-Ruble question: What's going to be inside the box? Honni soit qui mal y pense...

The B and D CADs look fairly consistent, though...

16 hours ago, Tony T said:

It's currently heading KH's Facebook page. Lilac fields and the smell of rubber and kerosene on their way - wonder if the box top is scratch'n'sniff?

Tony

They are not Lilac but Lavender fields.

Main French Armée de l'Air Mirage 2000 BA115 air base of Orange-Caritat, in Provence, South of France, is surrounded by Lavender fields but not near

the taxiways and runway as suggested by Kitty Hawk's illustration.

It is now known that another Mirage 2000 French BA116 air base of Luxeuil will close in a few years, and that the entire Mirage 2000 B/C/5-F (the blue ones)

will regroup at BA115 Orange, with EC 02.005 ''Ile de France'' Squadron and EC 01.002 ''Cigognes'' Squadron.   

These two Mirage 2000 B/C/5-F Squadrons will be re equipped with Rafale multi-role combat aircraft from 2020 - 2022.

All twin seaters Mirage 2000D (the grey/green ones) are regrouped at BA133 air base of Nancy-Ochey under EC 01.003 ''Navarre'', EC 02.003 ''Champagne''

and EC 03.003 ''Ardennes'' Squadrons.

B)

SharkOwl

1 hour ago, SharkOwl said:

They are not Lilac but Lavender fields.

Main French Armée de l'Air Mirage 2000 BA115 air base of Orange-Caritat, in Provence, South of France, is surrounded by Lavender fields but not near the taxiways and runway...

B)

SharkOwl

Yes, silly mistake. Lilac is pinker and lavender a bluer purple. And it grows in my back yard! 

Am definitely buying the single seater 2000 which looks to be the first release in the series, to build as an AdA jet. With or without inlet piping it's a goer.

Tony