Hasegawa N1K2 George

LSP_K2

Lower wing gun panel inserts are a really good fit. A tiny bit of surfacer, and they'll be good to go.

N1K2%202%20006_zpsdn8qxilz.jpg

Molding details. For some odd reason, main wheel well inserts don't quite reach the inner gear door hinge area, but doors should cover this small gap. Still strange though.

N1K2%202%20007_zpst8kibcz8.jpg

the wheel well inserts are not flush for you to put the bay doors on it .

for the cockpit color a drybrush in tamiya XF71 or close will be enough . the RLM 82 will bring the shadow where the drybrush doesnt reach .

Here is my rendition using Gunze pack for the Shinden.

DSCN1369_zpsnvuyu5cl.jpg
DSCN1368_zps2c9byjb7.jpg
DSCN1367_zpsbzvxrhqx.jpg

here is what you can do using the drybrush technique . A6M2 tamiya

DSCN1944_zpslformnd3.jpg
DSCN1943_zps6qunucte.jpg
DSCN1936_zps1e9tzlxb.jpg

will be following your take on this bird!

All interior guts now spritzed with green (Gunze RLM 82). May or may not be a match for Mitsubishi green, but it's fine for me.

N1K2%202%20002_zpsf9i4r9o0.jpg

Kind of looks like , and correct me if I am wrong olive drab. But that is just me. Looks good as do the other pics on this thread. Good work sir.

There's a stunning build of this kit as 343-15 in vol. 2 of Wingspan, of which I'm currently working up a review.

Kev

That is something that I'd be interested in seeing, Kev.

the wheel well inserts are not flush for you to put the bay doors on it .

for the cockpit color a drybrush in tamiya XF71 or close will be enough . the RLM 82 will bring the shadow where the drybrush doesnt reach .

Here is my rendition using Gunze pack for the Shinden.

here is what you can do using the drybrush technique . A6M2 tamiya

will be following your take on this bird!

Good tip, and I'll certainly consider it, or something similar.

This is working up nicely, and in time to give me ideas for 2017, which for kit building purposes I have tentatively decided to have as a Japanese year.

Cheers

Dennis

The Japanese stuff is a nice break for me, and I'm having a lot of fun with them. I'm already considering a Ki-84 or Raiden later this year.

I had a strange experience last night. Looking at photos of what I thought was a 1:32 N1K2 (it turned out to actually be a 1:48 N1K1), I saw the cool 20mm gun pods under the wing. I immediately checked my kit to see if I had those gun pods, when I realized that the N1K2 already has four 20mm cannons, two per wing,... Oops! Silly me.

My favorite plane. I keep putting off starting my build. I'm attacking the stash and not getting there as fast as I would like lol.

Thanks a bunch.

You're motoring right along on this one. Shame about the fuse slip up but it should be fixable.

Yep, very fixable, but still annoying.